Whats the smallest fresh water fish you can think of?

Lady Monster

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Im playing around with ideas for a 10 gallon planted tank. This isnt so much a stock question, im just interested in looking at teeny fish lol. Idk if im even going to set the tank up. Depends on species availability.

Bbarb27

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had endlers in 10g before moving them to a 29g. They are very small the, female slightly bigger but still small.

The problem with teeny fish is that many still require more swimming area than a 10g offers.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Glass gobies would be the smallest I can think of, but I've seen other very small ones in my LFS nano rack. Scarlet badis or badis badis are also small. This isn't freshwater, but brackish(depending on where you get it you may have to start with freshwater and slowly transition to brackish), the freshwater flounder always caught my eye. It's also small and I believe you can have 1-2 in a 10.
Oh, and Pygmy sunfish are pretty awesome.

Fettuccini

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The smallest I can think of that are commonly available for aquariums (I know these aren't the smallest though) are ember tetras, dwarf puffers, sparkling gourami, maybe some pencil fish, and the various dwarf rasboras (galaxy, emerald, chili, etc.)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom