What's The Point Of Top Swimmers

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Buy platies for all-over swimmers, they eat with the cories.

Get danios... and same thing!

Every fish ends up joining the loaches and cories for lunch anyways lol

Husband complains that we have no fish in the top of the tank, but hey its not for lack of trying. The cories are the cool kids everyone wants to be around.

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am giving the grazer tabs a try to attempt to entice the fish that are not bottom dweller/feeder to use the remaining 99% of the aquarium at breakfast

Have to admit that the fish did look at me a bit odd when I stuck the grazer tab onto the side near the top and they did keep looking at the tab then the food down on the floor, back at the tab etc a few times

Of course then you have the clever-clogs who attacks the grazer tab then goes and joins the cories anyway....

(Getting your non-cory fish to act like fish and not hoovers is about as easy as finding contraception for the cories..... )

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am giving the grazer tabs a try to attempt to entice the fish that are not bottom dweller/feeder to use the remaining 99% of the aquarium at breakfast

Have to admit that the fish did look at me a bit odd when I stuck the grazer tab onto the side near the top and they did keep looking at the tab then the food down on the floor, back at the tab etc a few times

Of course then you have the clever-clogs who attacks the grazer tab then goes and joins the cories anyway....

(Getting your non-cory fish to act like fish and not hoovers is about as easy as finding contraception for the cories..... )
Im thinking all my cories arent grown enough to be mature because i have no spawning from mine. I know at least ONE of the trilineatus is female, shes small but chunky. The peppers i cant tell enough, one im unsure of the other two seem male. Theyre larger but still not full grown. Only babies in the tank are baby platies (theres between 10-15 in there).

Most the danios attack the food before the bottoms get to it but a couple danios will go down too after anyways lol

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My Cories are breeding like rabbits....started with 4 Bronze, they spread caviar everywhere, produced two, the original 4 spread caviar everywhere again, produced four, spread caviar everywhere again and produced two

They have no idea yet but next week I am going to catch a few and shift them to one of the other aquariums cos my original aquarium is getting close to Cory standing room only

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My Cories are breeding like rabbits....started with 4 Bronze, they spread caviar everywhere, produced two, the original 4 spread caviar everywhere again, produced four, spread caviar everywhere again and produced two

They have no idea yet but next week I am going to catch a few and shift them to one of the other aquariums cos my original aquarium is getting close to Cory standing room only
Not here, though i wouldnt complain. Im thinking the cories say theyre the centerpiece. Theyre so active they draw the most attention lol

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do cool water water changes....kicks of the "lets get jiggy with it" mode
Lol but i already use the coldest water in the tap for water changes because its the exact temp of my tank (77F)
They glass surf a LOT after water changes though. Following one another around. Crappy photo, but this was last night.
I do daily small (15-20%) changes.

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom