What's the next fish you're getting? - Page 30

JLAquatics

The flagfish have really caught my fancy of late, i gotta admit....though next fish for my 45 will probably be blue tetras, should contrast well color-wise with the serpaes. Green dragon bn plecos will probably be in the future mox as well.
Definitely share some pics of the Blue Tetras if you get them, they have always piqued my interest but I have never been able to get my hands on some of them. I bet they will look great in your tank. :)

BigManAquatics

Definitely share some pics of the Blue Tetras if you get them, they have always piqued my interest but I have never been able to get my hands on some of them. I bet they will look great in your tank. :)
I will be getting LOTS of pics if i ever get them...7-8 each fish though....and i want 10 or 12... plus shipping.....ooof

SouthAmericanCichlids

Are you wanting to get cochu's blue tetras or just blue tetras?

AverageAquarist22

Are you wanting to get cochu's blue tetras or just blue tetras?
Cochu’s blue tetras are so cool! I saw them at my LFS once, they’re definitely on my dream fish list. As for the next fish I’m getting, I think it’ll be a few more harlequin rasboras, some ghost shrimp, and possibly a few cories (not entirely decided on bottom dwellers for my 30 gallon though, and I might get the copies at a different time so as not to shock the filter.) I’m saving up to get some more medicines first to quarantine them.

TClare

When I got my long awaited festivums about 2 months ago I said right that’s it, no more fish.....but a couple of days ago I called in at the lfs, and they had little Bolivian rams, looking nice and healthy, I wanted some. Now I keep wondering how I could make room... I have also been thinking of getting some Colombian tetras to go with the Cichlasoma pair, if I decide to put them together again, both to add interest to their tank and hopefully eat some of the fry.....(not sure how easy it will be to sell or exchange another large batch).

Linda1234

You certainly have a nice LFS !

When I got my long awaited festivums about 2 months ago I said right that’s it, no more fish.....but a couple of days ago I called in at the lfs, and they had little Bolivian rams, looking nice and healthy, I wanted some. Now I keep wondering how I could make room... I have also been thinking of getting some Colombian tetras to go with the Cichlasoma pair, if I decide to put them together again, both to add interest to their tank and hopefully eat some of the fry.....(not sure how easy it will be to sell or exchange another large batch).

TClare

You certainly have a nice LFS !
It is a nice shop actually. They don’t have a lot of variety at once but occasionally get something interesting and all the fish look healthy. I got my Laetacaras and festivums there. They breed quite a few fish themselves on a small scale. The other day they had a tank full of baby bristlenose plecos they had bred, also small angelfish and loads of baby flowerhorns. Another time I went they were breeding some kribensis. They also have quite a good selection of plants. And they were quite generous with substrate and plants when I took them my first batch of Cichlasoma fry. That was early this year and they still have some of them that have grown quite big now and two pairs have already formed. They are in a big tank along with some Geophagus and Aequidens. They don’t seem to mind that they still have not sold them, but I am not sure if they will want any more!

qldmick

Have 5 Malawi Eye Biters on the way.

Yeoy

After 5+ weeks of waiting for a group of Blue Eyes (partly delayed due to COVID) it seems like they won't be an option at all. Got impulsive and instead have hit up an online store in the neighbouring state for a group of CPDs instead. Really want to get 1,000 but only ordered 10 as I haven't kept them properly before and see how they go.

BigManAquatics

Not even going to try to predict my next fish, seeing as i bought a group of 6 scissor-tail rasboras over the weekend, which was only on my list as a "oh, they look neat" fish. Lol

Linda1234

After 5+ weeks of waiting for a group of Blue Eyes (partly delayed due to COVID) it seems like they won't be an option at all. Got impulsive and instead have hit up an online store in the neighbouring state for a group of CPDs instead. Really want to get 1,000 but only ordered 10 as I haven't kept them properly before and see how they go.
Which type of blue-eyes? forktail rainbow? lemon bn?

Yeoy

Which type of blue-eyes? forktail rainbow? lemon bn?
It was going to be the Pacific blue-eye (Pseudomugil signifer). Pretty standard as far as blue eyes go but still an awesome little fish and cool to breed. Weirdly enough it's hard to find a lot of blue eyes even though I'm in Australia where most of them are from. Our natives aren't that popular here for some reason.

BigManAquatics

When i get the 37g set up, think i am leaning on a trio of pearl gouramis for population control of the platies....

qldmick

Have 5 Malawi Eye Biters on the way.
Just arrived,
1 arrived upside down but I'm hoping It'll recover.

Linda1234

So today I added a few fishes to my tanks:
For one tank i added 8 of these (after removing two pleco yesterday); these fellows are a bit pricey but since i was paying for overnight shipping why not.... they are suppose to have a bit more colour but perhaps they are a bit young...

nf3.jpg

In tank #2 i added 5 of these to go with the 5 i already have:

nf4.jpg

In tank #3 I added 8 of these; to join the ones already in the tank. They are a bit pale but hopefully they will colour up tonight or tomorrow...

nf2.jpg

In tank #4 I added a pair of these. I think this is the female (they are very young); but the other one which is likely a male has quite a bit of colour unfortunately he told me very sternly no pictures. I'll check with him later and see if he is more agreeable. I do hope the laetacara araguaiae leave them alone. By reputation they are suppose to be pretty passive torwards other species though among themselves they are real bullies:

nf1.jpg

TClare

I still keep thinking of those Bolivian rams. If they still have them when I next get a chance to go, I think I will get some. There is room with the festivums, but I am a bit concerned about the Apistogramma agassizii male I have in there. I think I will risk it though, and if he gets too aggressive with them, he will have to move to the Cichlasomas’ tank.

Linda1234

I still keep thinking of those Bolivian rams. If they still have them when I next get a chance to go, I think I will get some. There is room with the festivums, but I am a bit concerned about the Apistogramma agassizii male I have in there. I think I will risk it though, and if he gets too aggressive with them, he will have to move to the Cichlasomas’ tank.
I was considering some festivums for a future 450 tank; and after i did more research i found consistent reports that while they start out gentle as they age they can get pretty nasty (in my case i had planned on keeping them with angels); in the end i decided that it was best to skip the festivums. I have enough issues with angels snapping with each other; though I suppose if the festivums went after them that might encourage them to be more cooperative with each other....

BigManAquatics

If i can find them locally, congo tetras jumped way up on my list.

TClare

I was considering some festivums for a future 450 tank; and after i did more research i found consistent reports that while they start out gentle as they age they can get pretty nasty (in my case i had planned on keeping them with angels); in the end i decided that it was best to skip the festivums. I have enough issues with angels snapping with each other; though I suppose if the festivums went after them that might encourage them to be more cooperative with each other....
Yes, I know, I have read things like that about festivums too, I like them a lot but we’ll see, mine are still small. They seem quite like angelfish in some ways, eg they are very curious and always come up to the glass and beg for food. I don’t have them together with my angelfish as they are in a planted tank, and festivums are meant to eat plants, though they have not touched the Vallisneria and ferns that are in their tank yet.

TClare

Well, I went to the LFS today thinking of getting those Bolivian rams. But I didn't. As soon as I was in the shop the owner told me he is getting some Guianacara next week. That is something I have never seen for sale here and have often thought I would like to keep. He can only get 12 and they are really a rarity here, so I asked how much they would cost. He wasn't sure without seeing them but about $60-80 each. Ouch... quick thinking, have I got room for them? Should I get them instead of the rams? Would I get into trouble for spending that much? Then a bit later as I was buying some brine shrimp eggs, he offered to give me a pair of Guianacara for free if I give them the offspring from the first two spawns! An offer I cannot refuse, though it entails bit of rearrangement and rethinking of my tanks. He even offered to give me an aquarium for them (though not with any equipment), but I am not sure if I have room or am allowed to have another tank... Anyway, in the excitement I forgot about the rams, but he also said he might be getting some Apistogrammas soon, so I think I will hold back for now and think about the Guianacara...there does not seem to be very much info online about them...

Linda1234

Well, I went to the LFS today thinking of getting those Bolivian rams. But I didn't. As soon as I was in the shop the owner told me he is getting some Guianacara next week. That is something I have never seen for sale here and have often thought I would like to keep. He can only get 12 and they are really a rarity here, so I asked how much they would cost. He wasn't sure without seeing them but about $60-80 each. Ouch... quick thinking, have I got room for them? Should I get them instead of the rams? Would I get into trouble for spending that much? Then a bit later as I was buying some brine shrimp eggs, he offered to give me a pair of Guianacara for free if I give them the offspring from the first two spawns! An offer I cannot refuse, though it entails bit of rearrangement and rethinking of my tanks. He even offered to give me an aquarium for them (though not with any equipment), but I am not sure if I have room or am allowed to have another tank... Anyway, in the excitement I forgot about the rams, but he also said he might be getting some Apistogrammas soon, so I think I will hold back for now and think about the Guianacara...there does not seem to be very much info online about them...
Guianacara is a genus; which species ? Here is the list of known species:

Guianacara cuyunii
Guianacara dacrya
Guianacara geayi
Guianacara oelemariensis
Guianacara owroewefi
Guianacara sphenozona
Guianacara stergiosi

TClare

Guianacara is a genus; which species ? Here is the list of known species:

Guianacara cuyunii
Guianacara dacrya
Guianacara geayi
Guianacara oelemariensis
Guianacara owroewefi
Guianacara sphenozona
Guianacara stergiosi
Yes, I am not sure which, but as they are coming from Brazil I guess they will be G.dacrya. I have to check in more detail but I don’t think any of the others occur in Brazil. I believe the care and requirements are basically the same for all species?

Linda1234

Yes, I am not sure which, but as they are coming from Brazil I guess they will be G.dacrya. I have to check in more detail but I don’t think any of the others occur in Brazil. I believe the care and requirements are basically the same for all species?
In all honestly I do not know a lot about them.

nitebird27

I desperately want to have shell dwellers one day and angelfish. When I'm brave enough for tank 3 and 4 haha.

JeremyW

I'm picking up some swordtails later this week... as long as they are still in stock.

MoshJosh

Got some Celebes Rainbows yesterday.

78BC798C-78C6-4362-B188-BCAFE61795E6.jpeg

Linda1234

Got some Celebes Rainbows yesterday.

78BC798C-78C6-4362-B188-BCAFE61795E6.jpeg
Weird they look like kubotai rasbora. Oh well that brings me to my next post: I just ordered 6 oto; 8 kubotai rasbora, 2 assassin snails and 8 blue shrimp so those will be my next set of critters. I'll 'qt' the rasbora (which will likely be very young) and the oto in my 5 gallon for a couple of months and then move them all to my tank which already has 15 kubotai and 15 oto so soon they will join their friends where they will throw a non-stop party and create havok.

LowConductivity

Pseudohemiodon apithanos, the "chameleon whip tail"

TClare

Pseudohemiodon apithanos, the "chameleon whip tail"
Interesting, I had to look this one up. Lucky to find it!

LowConductivity

Interesting, I had to look this one up. Lucky to find it!
Yeah. This has been on my list for some time, but the high cost/low count per box has always held me back

TheAnglerAquarist

When my community fish are gone, I really want an avocado puffer! They are so awesome

Linda1234

Wanted a betta. . .

9023B8F0-4669-4312-988F-58DD8131D17E.jpeg
Are you sure that isn't an alpha ? A very nice looking one but still...

A201

Going to add three Denison Barbs to the community. If they work out I might add four more.
Btw, my local Petco sells juvenile Denison Barbs, when they can get them, for just under $10. The going rate for them locally is as much as $17.

SuspiciouslyFishy

I'm going to get more oto cats in a few weeks, probably 4, maybe 2.
And then, once the second tank is cycled, I will get a betta.
I'm still umming and ahhing on getting amano shrimp for the betta tank, but I am worried that it would be too much stress for me and them, so I'm leaning towards not.

BlackOsprey

I just received about 15 red cherry shrimp in the mail. Aquatic Arts was having a sale. The delivery was delayed, so while they're all still alive, I'm worried the stress might be too much for them later.

MyFishAddiction

Finally got a betta! His name is Zuko:

Attachments

• IMG_3505.JPG
    IMG_3505.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 17

jinjerJOSH22

It's been a while but I have one or two fish in my sights.
First on the list is a species of Corydoras, not entirely sure which but as of right now Corydoras Schultzei "Black Venezuela" is leading the way.
Another on the list is Danio Choprae... again. I say again because I recently bought 5 and added them to a tank with my Macropodus Spechti, that was a mistake!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Motherlovebetta
Replies
Views
RayClem
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank 10 gallon stocking option
Replies
Views
suttont11