What’s the most you’ve ever paid for a fish? - Page 3

What’s the most you’ve ever paid for a fish?

• Less than $5

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • $5-$10

Votes: 51 28.2%
  • $10-$20

Votes: 45 24.9%
  • $20-$30

Votes: 22 12.2%
  • More than $35

Votes: 39 21.5%

• Total voters

wkinne02

My Gold Marble Angels cost $30 apiece. Yes, it was steep, but when I saw them, I was hooked (pun intended). I simply could not walk away. If I had, I'm sure I would have regretted it for a long, long time.

chickadee

Most of my bettas have run in the neighborhood of $75.00 to $100.00 with the postage included. The Gypsy King Tiger Pleco was $50.00 without postage, the Queen Arabesque Pleco was $49.95 without postage. ($30.00 postage for the two of them)

The rest of the fish that I have have run under $20.00 each without the postage involved clear down to $2.95 for the otos that I purchase locally.

Fish are not cheap but they are companions and family members so they are worth getting healthy and good ones.

Rose

Nags1965

chickadee said:
Most of my bettas have run in the neighborhood of $75.00 to $100.00 with the postage included. The Gypsy King Tiger Pleco was $50.00 without postage, the Queen Arabesque Pleco was $49.95 without postage. ($30.00 postage for the two of them)

The rest of the fish that I have have run under $20.00 each without the postage involved clear down to $2.95 for the otos that I purchase locally.

Fish are not cheap but they are companions and family members so they are worth getting healthy and good ones.

Rose
I sorta thought 5 bucks for my lil kissing fish was high.. I think I'm way outta my league here

chickadee

It truly is not the cost of the fish but the love you are willing to invest in the fish you pay for that matters. I have loved my little otos who are the least expensive fish I have owned so much for the fact that they are sweet natured and cute little fish. They are not the most beautiful by any means but they are cute to watch and darling in natures. I just love them and they are some of the least expensive fun fish I could own.

I would buy fish at a lower price but I am forced to buy most of my fish from online sources. This adds to the cost of the fish available to me.

Please don't value your fish by the price that you pay for them. They are living creatures and all life is wonderful and special and needs to be cherished.

Rose

sschind

Personally it was $50.00 for a zebra pleco which was an absolute steal but unfortunately it died after about 4 months. Probably becasue I had my hand in the tank all the time showing it to everyone who walked into the store.

Nothing compared to this however:

Amnagrla

if that's what I think it is... platinum arowana? I discussed it already a few pages ago.

Still crazy though... huh?

Rainsong

$3.39 (or was it 69...) for my two bettas, $5.59 for my Tiger Mickey Mouse platy girl, and the whopper: $6 and change (nearly $7) for a Glofish that later died.

At least the bettas and platy are still with me!

sschind

Amnagrla said:
if that's what I think it is... platinum arowana? I discussed it already a few pages ago.

Still crazy though... huh?
I tried to go through each post because I didn't want to bring it up again if someone already had but I must have missed it.

Nuts is more the word if you ask me. Heck, with that kind of money I could fill my gas tank ... Oh what the heck give me the fish what's and extra few tanks of gas.

Martinismommy

I've spent far more than $35.00 on a fish..My Bi-color angelfish was expensive and so were my 2 Bettas Crush and Patron..

fishrule101

The most I have paid so far would be $20 for my maroon clown. I plan on upgrade to a 40 and buying a coral angel so the coral is about 30. Hope that's the farthest I go.

fishrule101

Martinismommy said:
I've spent far more than $35.00 on a fish..My Bi-color angelfish was expensive and so were my 2 Bettas Crush and Patron..
What of bI color angel Saltwater or FW?

Martinismommy

Angela was a salty kid...I just lost her recently....She was fish of the month a while back...

fishrule101

Srry to hear that. At least she had her fame in her life.

Jillanne

I once spent $240.00 each on 2 discus and I got a discount to bring it down to that price

Devon

I paid $11 and some change for Esteban and I left that store SO FAST before they realized how much they could really have charged for him... what a steal!! ;D

I've mostly only ever gotten bettas, neons, tiger barbs and goldfish -- not expensive critters; my Black Moor might have been more expensive but I can't remember now what I paid for him.

Pandora

My first pair of betta channoides... I was lucky to get the wholesale price so it only cost me $100. Second pair was a mere $50, but were much much teenier (and seems to be getting much easier AND cheaper to get wild bettas thankfully!). Also was $80 (without shipping) a few years ago for a pair of steel hm bettas which of course refused to ever breed successfully for me

fins

rainman

Slug

35+. Discus.

Then there's always saltwater....where fish normally go for nothing short of 35, and nice pieces of coral that go 50+.

platy ben

Ive paid £29.99 ( around $60) for my synodontis angelicus

cognizant

Currently the most I have paid is $6.99, but I have this feeling that it will go up very soon.

Slug

I just dropped a load on some new fish most here probably couldn't fathom I won't reveal how much because honestly....i'd rather drop a pretty penny on good healthy fish then to piddle around with pennies each time only to end up with **** fish. They arrive next week

Iron waffle

my most expensive fish was 6.99 for an angelfish.
3.99 for a dwarf gouramI
1.99 for a black moor

Chris123

I only really only paid $10 for fish. Then again I don't go that often

Steen16

Um My most expensive fish:
In NZ$
$35 16cm geophagus surinamensis! He cost more because I bought him Big
$30 Full grown bristlenose pleco! He cost more because he was full grown and 7yrs old!!

Hypnox

My ocellaris clown cost $40. I'm currently gearing up to buy a rose bubble tip anemone that will cost about $150. Waiting on my tank to finish maturing properly right now though.

pepetj

My wife's (euphemism) 4" Gold Severum cost me 30USD. My rule of thumb is to purchase juveniles only, since I want to see them grow.

Pepe
Santo Domingo

Mickie

I don't know if he counts but I paid 45$ for my Cobalt Blue Lobster. 17$ for my Albino Plecos

pamd

I paid $6.50 for my first betta more than a year ago. Unfortunately, he lived in my office at work and was intentionally and tragically killed by a true witch of an ex-boss who had access to my office. He was a really pretty guy with a sparkling personality.

My current two bettas cost $50 each, a male and a female purchased at different times. The cost included overnight shipping from the New York City breeder, purchased on Aquabid. They're both wonderful and beautiful. I still miss the first little guy, though.

Probably my most expensive fish (adjusted for inflation) was a Niger triggerfish from way back in my saltwater days. Capn' Nemo was the only one of my salties who had a personality similar to bettas. He'd get all excited to see me, follow me around from one end of the tank to the other, and eagerly but gently took food from my fingers. I've read Niger triggerfish can have a rather mean bite, but he never did. He was a very sweet and amusing fish.

pinkfloydpuffer

Hmm... probably $14 for my halfmoon betta. But as I get more species of puffers, it'll be around $35 for the porcupine, and I'm sure they are some that will cost more.

enervatedlight

14 dollars for a Royal Pleco
I bought 2

I got a king tiger pleco for 7 dollars because petco thought it was a clown...

lew2000

$650.00 and my wife was very @#$@$#@

Emory

What kind of fish cost $650? I'm just curious.

BlueLouis

My two Bettas cost about $3.00 each. I could see myself spending up to about $30 for a fish.

soldieroffortune1974

Once I complete my saltwater bottomless aquarium,roughly 1000 gallons, I will be spending about 650 for a foxface rabbitfish. Can't find any info on their compatability with seahorses.............maybe,maybe,maybe

Matt

Emory said:
What kind of fish cost $650? I'm just curious.
Emory Plz Do Not Revive Old Posts. Other Forum Goers Consider It Rude and It Takes Attention Away From The Posts That Need It Urgently

From Matt

nemo addict

soldieroffortune1974 said:
Once I complete my saltwater bottomless aquarium,roughly 1000 gallons, I will be spending about 650 for a foxface rabbitfish. Can't find any info on their compatability with seahorses.............maybe,maybe,maybe
seahorses should really be a species only tank as they don't compete for food and can starve very quickly due to there slow moving ,, I also heard about a bottomless tank going wrong and it flooded there house so good luck with that as you have to be pretty precise on your build or it can go really wrong ..

nemo addict

matt said:
Emory Plz Do Not Revive Old Posts. Other Forum Goers Consider It Rude and It Takes Attention Away From The Posts That Need It Urgently

From Matt

HaHAHA matt rules the forums :;pirate

Emory

nemo addict said:
HaHAHA matt rules the forums :;pirate
Hey, October is not that long ago! I am not one of those people already humming Christmas music. My Christmas tree is not up. The past is closer than the future, as the future may never come.

Rude, really? Sharing information and conversing is rude?

Allie

Emory said:
Hey, October is not that long ago! I am not one of those people already humming Christmas music. My Christmas tree is not up. The past is closer than the future, as the future may never come.

Rude, really? Sharing information and conversing is rude?
Bumping old threads is rude...but this one is a poll

AlyeskaGirl

owain

I paid £19.99 for a frontosa

Wyoming_Bound

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom