45L
50x30x30cm
10G

I was thinking of adding-
15X Chili Rasboras
15X Cherry Shrimp
10X (Maybe)CPDS
3X MTS

Since they are all so small, I was hoping to stock as many as I can in the tank, to keep it looking active all over the tank and compliment my scape. Also, as the bioload of the tank will be remain low, and it is heavily planted, I was planning a biweekly water change-Does this work even with a large school of nano fish?

Thanks! :)

Heron

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would say that your tank would be a bit overstocked with all those fish. The CPD will grow too large for the tank, they need space to swim as they are very active fish.
If you keep the fish that overstocked you will need to do water changes weekly at the very least and I would recommend more often than that. Whilst it is possible with a lot of care to keep tanks that are overstocked it is much harder to do and will require more work.

OP
TW2AQUATICS

TW2AQUATICS

Well Known
Reaction score
Heron said:
I would say that your tank would be a bit overstocked with all those fish. The CPD will grow too large for the tank, they need space to swim as they are very active fish.
If you keep the fish that overstocked you will need to do water changes weekly at the very least and I would recommend more often than that. Whilst it is possible with a lot of care to keep tanks that are overstocked it is much harder to do and will require more work.
Thank you! Yes I am trying to keep this quite low maintenance, how many Chili’s could I safely add without overstocking?

Heron

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could be able to stock 15 chilis without the CPD's or you could have half the quantity of each.

New Threads