What's The Difference Between Honey Gouramis And Flame Gouramis

KrypticTanks

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are they similar in needs such as water, hardiness and just in general easy to keep fish? I ask this because I see more of a resemblance between flame gouramis and dwarfs as they both have blue upper half bodies but the flame has an orange underside. I also would like to get 2 honeys as everyone usually recommends them to "beginners". This is a question out of pure curiosity

yukondog

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Not sure about the honey's but two male DG in one tank and they will fight, every time I tried it they would fight till I puled one of them out.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I believe they are both very similar in requirements other then tank size

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Flame gouramis are dwarf gouramis. Honey gouramis are not dwarf gouramis. Honey gouramis can be kept together while DGs cannot. If you don't know what you have, post a pic.

Dwarf gourami:

Honey gourami:

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
KrypticTanks said:
75 gallons
What is your stocking? You could do a group of 5+ honey gouramis depending on your stocking ! However if you get DG you should only get 1 unless you manage to find a female. Even in a 75 the DGs will manage to fight once they mature

MommaWilde

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi, from my experience with honeys, they are a great choice. I recommend getting an even number with 1/2 male & 1-2 female. A honey with out a mate is a sad sight if there's an other pair in there. I think they are graceful, delicate and beautiful with mischievous undertones.

OP
KrypticTanks

KrypticTanks

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
MommaLake said:
Hi, from my experience with honeys, they are a great choice. I recommend getting an even number with 1/2 male & 1-2 female. A honey with out a mate is a sad sight if there's an other pair in there. I think they are graceful, delicate and beautiful with mischievous undertones.
Thanks

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom