Whats The Difference Between A Normal Betta And A King Betta?

Betta Genetics
on computer or on the app

California L33
No, they are basically a giant betta (just as aggressive, just a bit larger)

The difference, as I said, is it's size. I've noticed when I had my king, he could withstand higher currents than my other short finned males. But maybe that was just an observation, as I've never really did a test to see if any others were like that.

So, has anyone figured out just what a King Betta is yet? A while back I read they're likely a hybrid with some other Gourami, but nobody knows which one- same article also said they're not terribly hardy.

Betta Genetics
So, has anyone figured out just what a King Betta is yet? A while back I read they're likely a hybrid with some other Gourami, but nobody knows which one- same article also said they're not terribly hardy.
That's kind of cool a betta hybrid do you know if their are like halfmoon king bettas or are they only plakats because ive onley seen plakats at my local fish store

Lance0414
on computer or on the app
I am on computer. I take a picture with my phone, email it to myself on the computer, crop it so it is a square then upload it to Fishlore.

KaderTheAnt
I don't believe they're a hybrid, though my knowledge specifically on them is less then extensive. My lasted almost 4 years before I had to euthanize him, but before that he'd been through all types of issues and came out unscathed so I doubt they're less hardy than a regular betta

Betta Genetics
I am on computer. I take a picture with my phone, email it to myself on the computer, crop it so it is a square then upload it to Fishlore.
its not showing on my email

Betta Genetics
I don't believe they're a hybrid, though my knowledge specifically on them is less then extensive. My lasted almost 4 years before I had to euthanize him, but before that he'd been through all types of issues and came out unscathed so I doubt they're less hardy than a regular betta
I think the king betta is weird but cool

Betta Genetics
I put con instead of com

Betta Genetics
KaderTheAnt
And by the way Betta Genetics , I hope they don't come with the large flowing fins and here's why, the large bodies and the large fins will be way too heavy for a fish to carry around, so in the end they'd develop bad habits like fin nipping and would be more prone to diseases as the stress from their lives would be overwhelming .

Betta Genetics
how do I crop the picture I replied to myself

Betta Genetics
And by the way Betta Genetics , I hope they don't come with the large flowing fins and here's why, the large bodies and the large fins will be way too heavy for a fish to carry around, so in the end they'd develop bad habits like fin nipping and would be more prone to diseases as the stress from their lives would be overwhelming .
ohh that's sad I saw a betta on ebay that a XL crowntail betta

Over It
King Bettas are the same as regular Bettas, just bigger. They just selectively bred the largest Bettas with other large Bettas and voila! A King Betta was made.
In my experience they are the most aggressive Bettas there are. My King would even kill Nerite Snails and he would bite the heck outta me when I cleaned his tank. I would never have another one, but maybe you'll be lucky and your guy will be a lot nicer.

They should not have long fins.

Lance0414
I just go to my downloads and double click the picture, then click edit, then crop, then I click square. After that I go to photos on the Fishlore website then click add photos.

Over It
I use this picresize.com
I just attach the pic I want to resize, resize it and then save it to my computer or "copy" it.

Betta Genetics
King Bettas are the same as regular Bettas, just bigger. They just selectively bred the largest Bettas with other large Bettas and voila! A King Betta was made.
In my experience they are the most aggressive Bettas there are. My King would even kill Nerite Snails and he would bite the heck outta me when I cleaned his tank. I would never have another one, but maybe you'll be lucky and your guy will be a lot nicer.

They should not have long fins.
they have all their bettas in cups but they have 6 tank 4 are where they sell their plants and the other 2 are community tanks so they give each betta a turn in all the tanks and I guess I lucked out with all of my male and female bettas because all of them were peacefull

Betta Genetics
I use this picresize.com
I just attach the pic I want to resize, resize it and then save it to my computer or "copy" it.
when I got a mustard gas halfmoon betta male he ate half my neon tetras I don't know how I think the neon tetra was sick I was very sad after that and I almost quit this hobby but I just told my self everything happrns for a reason so I just tried to forget about it I returned the betta to petco and I started going to my locals all the time

Over It
Oh I still have Bettas. I actually have a Doubletail Plakat and an Elephant Ear right now. I just won't do King's again.

Betta Genetics
Oh I still have Bettas. I actually have a Doubletail Plakat and an Elephant Ear right now. I just won't do King's again.
ohh I think ill just try to have a king betta for a while to see if I like it then if I don't ill return it

Over It
Absolutely go for it! Every Betta has their own personality so your guy could be be much nicer. I still think King's are gorgeous, but they just aren't my cup o tea and after my first experience with them I just prefer to stick with other types.

Betta Genetics
Absolutely go for it! Every Betta has their own personality so your guy could be be much nicer. I still think King's are gorgeous, but they just aren't my cup o tea and after my first experience with them I just prefer to stick with other types.
I'm almost done with the picture but you can't see my betta ill show a picture after thanks for supporting

Betta Genetics

IMG_0353.JPG
291970-2d5007fbd627cf905d379f81a33f74c6.jpg

Betta Genetics
that's better I'm happy with it I worked hard growing the plant in front of the baral it took me 1 mmonth to grow it from a tiny mystery plant into what I think is an amazon sword

Lance0414
Betta Genetics
wow that's amazing

Lance0414
Thanks, have you got a pic of your Betta yet?

Betta Genetics
my betta is blue in naturale sunlight but its a different color when its in led lights ill post a picture

Betta Genetics

IMG_0356.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 69
Betta Genetics
I will show you a picture of my old betta I miss him his name was tropical

Betta Genetics
nevermind he this is when he was looking bad I still feel very sad because I ner=ver knew what went wrong I feel like I'm to blame since I didnt know:hungover:

Betta Genetics
let mw know if you wankt to see a pic

Lance0414
I had a Betta before my one now that was named Rosco(Named after my Great-Grandpa), I accidentally killed him by feeding him a bread crumb, I still am sad about that.
Edit: Sure, I would like to see a picture.

LucyC
This is my Betta, his name is Squeak I love veiltails

image.jpg
image.jpg
Your betta's very pretty BTW

Betta Genetics
hes so cool once I get my king betta I'm going to post a picture I'm also going to get a black and grey rose taile for 12 dollers pretty cheap and he looks healthy

Betta Genetics
Betta Genetics
can electric german blue rams live with bettas

LucyC
Does he squeak? That's why I got Croaking Gouramis, to hear them squeak/croak.
No, that would be funny though. I got him with another Betta named bubble, the names kind of go together. Bubbles and squeak . When I got them though I didn't know a lot about fish so I had each in a 1 gallon tank, and bubble passed away of dropsy on April 7 this year. Since then I have done tons of research and squeak now lives in a 20 gallon

Betta Genetics
I had a Betta before my one now that was named Rosco(Named after my Great-Grandpa), I accidentally killed him by feeding him a bread crumb, I still am sad about that.
Edit: Sure, I would like to see a picture.
sorry I couldnt reply I went to walmart to grab some stuff ill post a pic right now if your still on but I dought it tho

Betta Genetics

IMG_0121 (1).JPG

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WrenFeenix
Replies
Views
Debbie1986
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon