What's The Deal With Wild Bettas?

1. BettaFishKeeper4302

BettaFishKeeper4302 Well Known Member Member

Wild bettas seem to be very popular and i'd like to know why. I went to a website and they were sold out.

2. fishlover001

fishlover001 Well Known Member Member

I believe that they are not as aggressive as the ones found in stores, so you could keep groups of them together, some of them even needing to be in groups. Also, they are a lot harder to find then your common betta women tend, so most local fish stores don't have them in stock, so they are hard to find online

3. Lagertha

Lagertha Valued Member Member

Because people are selfish and can’t resist capturing something beautiful to own.

4. IHaveADogToo

IHaveADogToo Well Known Member Member

I think it's because "I can keep these bettas together?!"

5. S

Small Tanks Valued Member Member

Actually a lot of the 'wild' breeds are still tank reared, or farm bred, they're fairly easy to breed in tank.

They're beautiful and have very different personalities than the bettas you see in pet stores, they're more peaceful and natural looking in your tank as well. A few of the species are even mouth brooders (that's how different they are!).

If you see them, you can ask if they're wild caught or captive bred.

6. CanadianFishFan

CanadianFishFan Well Known Member Member

Since the land of where wild bettas are found is slowly disapearing they become more rare. Im sure some species is instinct already. Ive seen some sold for ever $400 on RenasFishStore