My nerite snail may or may not be dead? I got him with my betta a couple weeks ago. They're in a 3.5 gallon tank, water 80F, ammonia & nitrites 0, nitrates 30 (just did a water change to bring those back down). He never has moved around much. He seems to be only active at night, and I'd find him on a different bit of glass or gravel in the morning, where he'd stay all day. I've tried spinach and algae wafers and he doesn't seem interested in either. I'm afraid he's not particularly bright, and/or I got an already sick snail from the pet store. I went away for about a week (my husband fed the betta and kept an eye on the tank) and he hasn't moved. I picked him up during the water change and peeked inside his shell. He doesn't have the allegedly terrible dead snail smell. Looks the same as ever. I put him back in the tank for now. How else do you tell if a snail is dead or not? Is there any other food or anything else I should try?