What's The Best Water Lettuce Propagation For Fastest Growth?

fbn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I picked up a single water lettuce from a greenhouse a week ago to see if it would do well in my aquarium. In the past I've had trouble with floating plants melting due to too much surface disturbance, etc., so I wasn't incredibly hopeful. After a week, it's doing pretty well. When I bought it, there was a single runner that has since grown. Now, there appears to be a second runner, as well. To help maximize the growth for both the runners and mother plant, is it best for me to detach the runners? Thanks!

fbn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for letting me know! Good to see another enthusiast in Cincy! Would love to hear what LFS you've been to/prefer.

SixThreeOh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
fbn said:
Thanks for letting me know! Good to see another enthusiast in Cincy! Would love to hear what LFS you've been to/prefer.
I'm actually in NKY. World of Pets in Florence is my LFS. They get some nice stuff in there. In Cinci, I usually go to Monfort for plants.

fbn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, very nice! I just moved from Newport, actually. Monfort is great! I'll have to check out World of Pets! If you ever make it to the west side of Cincinnati, be sure to visit Top Shelf Aquatics. Wow. Gets in so many fish that others do not.

SixThreeOh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been there a few times. It's a neat little shop. Have you been to Indoor outdoor aquatics or whatever it's called in Newport? I tried going there and the door was locked, but lights were on and it looked open. Top review on Google has a similar experience.

fbn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They have closed, actually. But, the one time I did go there, it was definitely not a great experience.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom