What’s the best brand of sponge filter

Tetraman124

I need a sponge filter for a five gallon to be small quiet and not much flow also something that I can hide in my plants

BigManAquatics

Aquatop has a fairly small one. For up to 10 gal i think it is. Should be able to hide it pretty easy. Put a valve on the airline and you can control the flow pretty easy.

Upvote 0

Tetraman124

Ok awesome thanks

Upvote 0

MacZ

Flow and sound volume depend on your air pump. So the filter itself is irrelevant. Rather get an inline valve for the air hose and a check valve to control air pressure.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Should be noted, i tend to get Aquatops because that is what my LFSs carry for sponge filters.

Upvote 0

sairving

I'm using a sponge filter, a ziss air stone, and a USB nano air pump for my 5 gallon. I like sponge filter because its course and doesn't need to be cleaned all the time.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

I can't say which one is the best one but I bought this one for my shrimp bowl. I got the nano size for the 2.5 gallon bowl and 2 of the medium size for my 55 gallon tank. Coarse Sponge Filter

I added the never clog air stones to all 3 of them. I like the smaller bubbles the air stone provides. If you don't mind the bigger bubbles the air stone may not be needed.

Upvote 0

sairving

Forgot to mention, I'm running the nano size in my 5 gallon.

Upvote 0

Mhamilton0911

I like aquarium co-ops design, but I feel like the sponge is too course to trap fine debris. Tanks that I'm using this filter are really mulm-y. They are great though with water movement and I prefer thier never clog air stone over others, but I did buy a replacement filter for the mulm tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nickguy5467
Replies
Views
JayAlva
  • Question
Replies
Views
Bruinfishkeeper1