What's That Mark?

1. John the fishkeeper Member Member

So I got these fish with the tank and I was wondering what the black spots or the more black on my barbs means since I know it's supposed to be just stripes so if their is something wrong with them please tell me
    My other tigerbarbs also has the same mark on its body and I also know I need more and that's what I'm going to do

Attached Files:

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Looks like stress coloration to me.

3. John the fishkeeper Member Member

What can I do to fix that?

4. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Can you describe your setup? Tank size, fish inside. Can you take a pic of your entire tank?

5. John the fishkeeper Member Member

I think it is overcrowded with anglefish which I'm trying to get rid of buy I have
    9 anglefish
    2 tigerbarbs
    1 green barb I think
    3 albino Corydoras
    4 zebra danios
    3 black skirt tetra
    1 serpae tetra
    And Its a 40 gallon I think 1496268508025-1755184195.jpg

6. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Definitely overstocked and you also have too small of groups of your schooling fish. Would you like some suggestions for final stocking options? You'll need to rehome quite a few fish though.

7. John the fishkeeper Member Member

Yeah I would like that I'm already trying to get rid of most of the anglefish and I know most the fish I have which is bad since the most I have of one species is 4 so yes please help me stocking it

8. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

What fish is your favorite? We can help you stock around that species.

9. John the fishkeeper Member Member

At first i HATED all the angle fish but I like 2 of them now and I like the tiger barbs and the black skirt tetras a lot also the Corydoras so if you can make a stocking a list around those fish that would be amazing

10. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't keep the angels with the skirt tetra or tiger barbs, as they're not temp compatible and the tiger barbs and the skirt tetras are nippy.

11. John the fishkeeper Member Member

Okay so without the angle fish what would the took look like?

12. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I'd rehome the zebra danios and the serpae tetra if you want the tiger barbs and skirt tetra. What about this?

8-10x Tiger barbs (mix of regular color and green)
    8-10x Skirt tetra
    8-10x Albino cories

13. John the fishkeeper Member Member

Yeah that will be good especially because my lfs just restocked and has a lot of skirt tetras and tigers