What's next?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by benjaminBreaker, Mar 29, 2010.

1. benjaminBreaker

benjaminBreaker Valued Member Member

I've been fighting a battle with myself about a tender topic at hand. What tank is next?! I have several ideas, and thoughts. But in a nutshell, this is what I have been thinking about:

Option 1) 75gallon community tank(7 Red Wag Platies, 7 Black Redtailed Veriatus, 4 Black Mollies, 4 Dalmation Mollies, 15 Neon Tetras, 6 Lampeye Tetras, 5 Glass Fish, 2 plectos)

Option 2) 75gallon Knife tank(1 Black Ghost Knife, live planted)

Option 3) 40gallon Asian tank - half filled(20gallons)(3 Gouramis, 7 Zebra Danios, 7 Glofish Danios)

Option 4) 40gallon Salt Water tank(Not sure yet, but there has to be Clown Fish...HAS TO BE!! And Live rock)

I need the larger community tank because I have too many mollies in my 20gallon as it is. 4 Black mollies, 4 Dalmation mollies, 2 platies and 2 glass fish(too many)
    Either way all of these tanks will some day be mine, I just want to know which ones I should go for first! Any suggestions or helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks you! :D

2. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Option 2 sounds awesome :D

3. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I vote for 2. Those things are incredible!!

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Why would the 40 gallon be only half filled?

5. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I just saw a black ghost knife this weekend for the first time! What a cool fish! I would definitely vote for that. Maybe you could get some guppies for tank mates. NOT! :anim_63:

6. Jaysee

I'm hopefully getting one today for my 90. Either a BGK or some boesmani rainbows - depends which looks better and which is available.

7. Jaysee

Came home empty handed...tomorrow is delivery day

8. Algae Eater

Algae Eater Well Known Member Member

I like option number three, if it's planted and you let the plants grow out of the water. Otherwise, I'd like option two. ;D

9. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

So I can put bamboo in it.
    That's a shame...better luck next time. One thing I found out about them is they LOVE live foods, and are VERY playfull and interactive. I couldn't find any more info than this. :eek:
    I've actually already decided that option 1 would be best, only I'm getting a 125 gallon instead of 75 gallon. BUT, I will most definitely be getting the BGK next! :D
    But that will be a while... :(
    And yes, I do plan on putting live plants in it. I am gonna' put plenty of bamboo in there and let it grow right out.

10. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Option two! BGK's are the coolest little big fish ever! Ahhh I want one! Other then that option 3 sounds cool too.

11. Jaysee

I've tried to put bamboo in a tank a couple times....killed the bamboo both times. Then again, cacti die on my watch

12. OP
    OP
    benjaminBreaker

Did you keep the leaves out of the water?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice