What’s happening to my plants

Idkitsathrowaway

My plants are growing little black roots out of the side edges of the leaves, it’s not aerial roots as it’s even on my Anubis nanas. I came back from vacatoin with my mom and they are everywhere. I first notices them on my dwarf jungal val so I removed it all at the cost of the few tall leaves. Note these jungal vals were a gift from a fellow fish keeper for serting up my 29g. I use ez green and have frugal root tabs in the soil as it helps. I’m currently saving for a better light for my more high light plants. My Anubis are a little cut up from a now very dead Chinese algey eater my dad threw in thinkiing it was an Otto.I know the sand looks bad rn but I just haven’t done a water change in a min. I was gone for three weeks and the chemicals aren’t bad so I didn’t do one imedently and am asking for help first.

im worried as they did NOT look ANYTHING like this when I left. My dad has been looking after it but my grandfather was hospitalized with 200/120(not exact) bp and 49 bpm so we’ve been caught up with that. now that everything is better with him and he’s stable and back home we have noticed this problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 10

Ghelfaire

Looks like the start of black beard algae

Idkitsathrowaway

I’m not sure it’s not growing like alley. and here’s a better picture
plus it’s only growing on the side edges not anywhere else on the plant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 6

Ghelfaire

I can't see your second picture, it looks like this right? I was told mine is black beard algae

Attachments

• 20220801_113148.jpg
    20220801_113148.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 4

Idkitsathrowaway

Maybe a little but mine isn’t on the stems at all

ive never worked with black beard so it still may be how can I deal with it and even if it’s not it proboly won’t hurt to try anything
and sorry my camera isn’t that good

carsonsgjs

I'd say it was closer to staghorn algae but either way, it's algae and not roots.

Idkitsathrowaway

Omg thankyou I googled staghorn alley and it looks identical I called it roots cause I didn’t know what else to call it I was worried

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WRWAquarium
Replies
Views
jdhef
Replies
Views
Imthatpeep100
Replies
Views