What's happening to my plants :( ?

1. a

am3ience New Member Member

2. Phishphin

Phishphin Well Known Member Member

Which plants in the picture are you concerned about? I just see a lot of green. :)

edit: NEVERMIND, just saw the other pictures. I believe it could be a potassium deficiency.

3. A

AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Transparent leaves can mean a Micro deficiency. Particularly Iron. Hard to tell in the picture but any yellowing leaves or yellow patches with green veins?

4. Phishphin

Phishphin Well Known Member Member

The transparent leaves could definitely be an iron deficiency. It was just the holes surrounded by brown that tipped me off to potassium. Your flourish should be taking care of the micro elements.

5. Dolfan

Dolfan Fishlore VIP Member

If the OP is using Seachem Flourish comprehensive twice a week it is almost impossible for it to be an iron deficiency. Rarely do tanks have an iron deficiency as plants don't need much of it. Here is a deficiency chart that explains the basics of what certain deficiencies will look like....

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98529

Based on the look of your plants I would also tend to think it is a Potassium deficiency.

As for the transparent leaves, which plants are doing this? Excel is great and I use it, but certain plants are sensitive to it like vals and anacharis and it ill cause them to melt. You can acclimate them to it over time by starting off with a very small daily dosage and slowly increasing it over a few weeks to full dosage.

6. M

Machine11 Well Known Member Member

If it is potassium, seachem make a product called carbonate, which is potassium carbonate, adds a source of potassium as well as a pH buffer

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum