What's happened to my ram...

1. orbelina Member Member

Afternoon all just been checking the tanks and noticed my ram Nancy looks like she has been in the wars...she is in the tank with a male ram and some gold neons...what's happened to her mouth?? Or am I imagining it??
    Her mouth is red almost as if she has banged it I'm sure it wasn't like that when we got her...:confused:

Attached Files:

2. orbelina Member Member

Something has definitely happened this was her a few days ago with no red mark

Attached Files:

3. Fall River Member Member

I got a new pair of Bolivians about a week ago. I had no idea that they will lock lips in what I believe to be a struggle for dominance. But I saw them do it and was very surprised at seeing it. It was like Kissing Gouramis, but a bit more violent. I've been keeping a very close eye on them, and I'm prepared to separate them if necessary.
    But anyhow, that might explain her red nose.
    Good luck. :)
    Dale

4. bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

It is highly possible that she has had a battle with the other ram in the tank. Sometimes rams have territory squabbles over a favorite hiding spot or area of the tank. The only advise I can give here is rearrange the tank a bit to break up the line of sight so that each can have their own little area without being able to see the other one from time to time or provide a few extra hiding spots for them.