what's good in a 20 high tank?

andy65
I will be getting a 20 gallon high tank.

What would go good in it? I was thinking a angle but other than the angle I am not sure what else I would put in it.

Thanks

Drea
HI Andy, I have a 30 gal tall. Before that I had a 20gal tall (which is now in the attic) I had an Angel, 8 neons, 3 corys, 1 kuhlI loach. You can see in my sig what I have now in the 30. Just remember that the footprint (base) is 10gal. as far as the bottom tank dweller space that you'll have. My current tank is very good, all the fish are very compatible. Yay

COBettaCouple
You could put any variety that would fit in a 20 gallon in there. An angel might do well, but I'd recommend a 30 gallon for them. Look for fish that enjoy swimming all levels of the tank.

andy65
the only thing with corys is that we are thinking of using sand for the bottom.

My brother set up his 30 gallon tank with pool filter sand and WOW it looks so cool.

BoSox Fan7
Why can't corys go with sand?

Chief_waterchanger
They do better with sand substrate if it is smooth grain rather than normal sand. (Sand is tiny pieces of glass, so they need the rounded off smooth grain sand.)

Pool filter sand is an example of the smooth sand that can be used.

andy65
Dang Dyslexia, I reversed the fish that can't be keep with sand. I thought that if they had sand that it would get stuck in there gut and die. Is it a betta that I am thinking about?

I kind of fed up with my LFS.
I was in there looking for at a fish and I ask the guy something about it and he answered my question BUT then went on to tell me that he was not going to tell me where he got his fish from, and in not so nice voice. Plus, I didn't even ASK where her got his fish from.

My mother,brother, and I are think of using LiveAquarim.com. We would split shipping. Before we do do that we are going to try some of our other LFS.

Dino
Saddly, a lot of shops have attitudes.

Once CWC and I have our shops goining, any employee showing such behavior would be fired on the spot.

andy65
This was the OWNER!!

Will you be shipping fish? I would trust your fish.

King_Snuggles
This was the OWNER!!

Will you be shipping fish? I would trust your fish.

I would get another tank for just your fish

COBettaCouple
This is true. I'm finding this kind of attitude at the LFSs that I've been to here in Denver.

Sadly, a lot of shops have attitudes.

Once CWC and I have our shops going, any employee showing such behavior would be fired on the spot.

Blub
Hi!

An angel wouldn't have the space. I'd get a lone male Betta, or 4 platys/guppies.

MissMTS
You could put a pair of dwarf cichlids and a school of small tetras

angelfish220
you could put in like 3-4 honey gouramis. They are pretty cool and personable.

andy65
oh, I know about Honey gouramis. That is what my Rupert.

One I plenty!

Blub
Hi!

Make sure you getr 1 male 3 female if you get Honey's.

andy65
Ok, we have the tank.

WOW, these people had 2 12" goldfish and a feather fin catfish in it. It's is disgusting,but it was FREE.
I am going to use some bleach,vinegar,and baking soda to clean it out with. When I fill it I will put in a BUNCH of Prime. Sound good?

As to the angelfish,why could I not have one in it? I am just curious.

I have a honey gourami and he is just fine by himself.

I got 200 ml bottle of Prime but when it came it was 325 ml.Plus,it was only $5 more than DFS.

angelfish220
They perfer more space than a 20 could provide

andy65
It's a 20 High tank.

I guess I need to measure it to see if it IS a 20 gallon.

COBettaCouple
I think you could put 1 angel in a 20 gallon tall, but I'd only have bottom dwelling tank mates and if you want to get a buddy, he'll need to go to a 30 gallon tall at least.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
andy305mia
Replies
Views
dwc13
Replies
Views
Rainy day
Replies
Views