WHATS GOING ON

cassbass

I turned on my light this morning to see 3-4 of my black skirt tetras chasing(?) a blue skirt tetra. The black seem to have a new red streak down spine area as if they’ve been scratched? Are they bullying? Mating? Never had this problem before should I separate the blue fish?? They kinda seem to get up under but the blues seem stressed. The black skirts are doing this to BOTH my 2 blues actually!! Help!!

angelcraze

I don't know for sure, but it does remind me of how they breed. Usually the female will go lower into a planted area, but the other fish (black skirts) are likely eating the eggs instead of fertilizing.

My columbian tetras ate the congo tetra eggs. The congos spawned almost every morning when the light turns on.

cassbass

angelcraze said:
I don't know for sure, but it does remind me of how they breed. Usually the female will go lower into a planted area, but the other fish (black skirts) are likely eating the eggs instead of fertilizing.

My columbian tetras ate the congo tetra eggs. The congos spawned almost every morning when the light turns on.
I had to run out of the house for an hour and put both blues separated in a breeder box. Should I remove them? I don’t want the blue to be stressed and sick if they’re fighting but if they’re breeding I would want to keep them free

FishBoy101

cassbass said:
I had to run out of the house for an hour and put both blues separated in a breeder box. Should I remove them? I don’t want the blue to be stressed and sick if they’re fighting but if they’re breeding I would want to keep them free
I wouldn't removing them would stress them a lot more. The will breed on their own(if your tank has the right things in the tank for them to breed)

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom