What's going on with my anubias?

Zephyrski

It's been in my tank for a few days, and it seems like it's drying off. The only thing I did was glue it to lava rock and was sure to not glue the roots. It arrived and it was very green, did I do something wrong with it?
20220118_133354.jpg
Also I forget the name of this plant, but it's in a different tank and it isn't look too great. Am I doing something wrong for these plants?
20220118_134445.jpg

carsonsgjs

Could be some initial die-off as it adjusts to your tank. As long as the rhizome is healthy and green (and not brown and mushy) it should be ok and produce new leaves, but maybe keep an eye on it.

StarGirl

I would cut the really bad leaves off because they wont grow back. That way the plant will work on new leaves instead of trying to repair the old ones.

Zephyrski

I'm thinking it died on me. Plus it's extremely squishy. What could have happened to it?
20220120_145732.jpg

Wayne73

Looks like the rhizome is rotting. I never found the reason why mine went like that.But I trimmed the soft rhizome away an retied mine back to the wood, after a few month I had new growth.But only thing I wouldnt do is glue the roots.If you glue the roots the cant anchor an spread.

carsonsgjs

Could have been ‘anubias rot’ - I haven’t experienced it but sounds like what you have described. No known reason why it happens, and is apparently a threat to other anubias in the tank.

Zephyrski

Looks like the rhizome is rotting. I never found the reason why mine went like that.But I trimmed the soft rhizome away an retied mine back to the wood, after a few month I had new growth.But only thing I wouldnt do is glue the roots.If you glue the roots the cant anchor an spread.
I'm not sure there's anything worth saving on mine, I'll have look better. Also I did actually glue it. I wish I would've known before I did unfortunately.
Could have been ‘anubias rot’ - I haven’t experienced it but sounds like what you have described. No known reason why it happens, and is apparently a threat to other anubias in the tank.
Interestingly strange. Good thing I don't have any others though

Also, anyone know anything about hornwort? Mine is shedding those needles everywhere and I'm not totally sure if I should do anything or just let them float along
20220120_160458.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Msdp11009
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
  • Question
Replies
Views