What's for dinner?

1. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Tonight we're having Moroccan. It's been in the slow cooker since lunch time and the smell is driving me crazy.

2. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

what is Moroccan?

3. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

Now I feel hungry...

4. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Last night was salad, stuffed mushrooms and Spanish rice.

5. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Lucky it's nearly dinner time here :;hf

mmmm Moroccan chicken.............. num num num

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Last night Chef prepared Ham, Silver Queen Corn, fried Potato's and a mustard sauce for the ham. Yum!

Ken

Attached Files:

7. Gamer Well Known Member Member

Haven't decided yet but breakfast was poached eggs & avocado on rye toast, orange slices and turkey bacon. Just had a smothered chicken breast and sweet potato rounds with cinnamon and ginger for lunch.

8. Echostatic Well Known Member Member

Going to the grandparents to eat. Might be lasagna.

9. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

We are having a local slow cooker dish basically ham, green beans, and potatoes cooked in a crockpot with ham broth... it great to use up leftover Easter ham :;hf

10. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

moroccan....mmmm. i'm drooling now. i have no idea what i'm having for dinn. last night it was spaghetti.....personally not my fave, but the hubby likes it. i really need to dig out my slow cooker and actually put it to use. i always have plans for cooking, but it rarely happens. booo

11. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Clam chowder tonight!!!

12. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

Tonight's menu features asian marinated sirloin tips and steamed broccoli over jasmine rice.....:p

13. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I am not cooking tonight, but I will be preping the pizza dough for homemade chicago deep dish pizza on Friday.

14. Cathy B Initiate Member

OK. Did I switch to my weight watchers site by mistake? LOL :)

15. Lupinus Member Member

Tuna cakes. Use the same recipe as crab cakes but sub canned tuna and you have tuna cakes. Lot more economical than crab cakes all the time.

Probably with buttered rice and some still TBD veg.

16. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

No, couldn't be that, I wouldn't fit in there. Normally I make dinner from scratch every day... too much real buter for wieght watchers...

17. Cathy B Initiate Member

Boy I wish I had the time to do that. I cook for the week on Sundays.

18. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I used to do that when I worked second shift, saved a lot of money on food that way, used the divided plate containers and made homemade tv dinners. I useually would make a couple of slow cooked meates that I could serve more than one way (i.e. slow cooked pork butt became pork tacos, bbqed pulled pork and pot roast) to save time.

Now I am on third shift now so I get off work in the morning, go to bed and cook dinner when I wake up in the afternoon.

19. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

mmmmm real butter. i'm all for real ingredients....none of that weird, fake stuff. why are people so afraid of real stuff?

20. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Moroccan is rather mild and is used great on lamb, sometimes chicken, anything you think it will suit really. Mine last night was a sauce that simmered in the croc pot for about 5 hours and had cumin, paprika, Roma tomatoes and a few miscellaneous other, like flour to thicken the sauce etc. common Moroccan herbs are coriander, rosemary, paprika, cumin, salt & pepper and sometimes even honey. It's a fantastic food. I was going to use lamb shanks for last night but used sausages instead. Worked superbly, served with mashed spuds and corn kernels. I'd love to go to morocco one day to absorb the art, architecture and food. It would be just plain incredible.

Not sure what I'll do for tonight. I just had leftovers for lunch so I'm out of inspiration, lol.