whats a hybrid fish

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

whats a hybrid fish???????

2. joe Member Member

its like a mix of 2 different fish types. ;)

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Thanks Joe! ;)

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

One example of hybrid fish that I can think of right off hand is blood Parrot Cichlids. they are a red devil/severum mix. but while I was doing some research to see if I could find you other examples I found this and thought it was interesting.Only the first page is pertinent to the discussion.
    http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=7123
    Carol

5. Jason Well Known Member Member

A lot of livebearers are hybrids because they are cross bred to produce different colours like the guppies with swords are a mix of guppies and swodtails. Swordtails with hi fins and lyretails are resulted from mixes of mollies and platies etc...

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

k thats wat i thought tnks

7. GoBlue! Initiate Member

Would Flame and Powder Blue Gouramis and Albino Rainbow Sharks and Albino Cory Catfish be hybrid?

8. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

No those are all seperate species of fish and will not interbreed , nor are they two different fish crossbred.
    Carol

9. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

GoBlue, I have the same picture of a ram that you have under your user name. Rams are so beautiful, aren't they?

10. LarryDavid Member Member

Do you think its cruel or wrong to have Hybrid?

11. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Hey Chris good question. How about starting a new thread with that question. It will be a controversial thread so lets all keep our heads cool ;)
    Carol