Whats a good filter for my 55 gallon JD tank

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Barb989, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Barb989New MemberMember

I have a 55 gallon gal, i got it used the filter looks like it not in great shape its a tetra 30-60. I think i want a nice new one, any suggestions? There's going to be two JD in the tank. thank you :;swls

2. Lexi03Well Known MemberMember

I would do a canister filter, we are going to put a Eheim 2215 on ours when we can, I have a 2217 on my 75gal and I really like it.

3. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy LubianetskyWell Known MemberMember

:;hi2I have a Fluval 206 canister and I love it to. Very easy to Prime, plenty of room for extra media, and I have never had a problem with it since I set it up. Also, it is very quiet.:clapping:

4. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from American Cichlids to Freshwater Tank Equipment/Filters and Filtration section of the forum.

If you are looking for a Hang On Back (HOB) type filter, I would suggest the Aqua Clear 110 @ 500GPH.

Thanks!

Ken

5. iZaO JnrWell Known MemberMember

I agree canister is the way to go with larger fish. Fluval 206 is a great choice. Im using a 404 on my 55g. They all seem to be great choices nowadays for both for biomedia and gph.

6. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

Personally, on my 55g Jack Dempsey tank, I have 2 Emperor 400's that seem to be doing a good job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice