Whats a good filter for my 55 gallon JD tank

1. Barb989 Initiate Member

I have a 55 gallon gal, i got it used the filter looks like it not in great shape its a tetra 30-60. I think i want a nice new one, any suggestions? There's going to be two JD in the tank. thank you :;swls

2. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I would do a canister filter, we are going to put a Eheim 2215 on ours when we can, I have a 2217 on my 75gal and I really like it.

3. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

:;hi2I have a Fluval 206 canister and I love it to. Very easy to Prime, plenty of room for extra media, and I have never had a problem with it since I set it up. Also, it is very quiet.:clapping:

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

:animal0068:I have moved your thread from American Cichlids to Freshwater Tank Equipment/Filters and Filtration section of the forum.

If you are looking for a Hang On Back (HOB) type filter, I would suggest the Aqua Clear 110 @ 500GPH.

Thanks!

Ken

5. iZaO Jnr Well Known Member Member

I agree canister is the way to go with larger fish. Fluval 206 is a great choice. Im using a 404 on my 55g. They all seem to be great choices nowadays for both for biomedia and gph.

6. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Personally, on my 55g Jack Dempsey tank, I have 2 Emperor 400's that seem to be doing a good job.