What's a good carpet plants?

Samwuzhere

Reaction score
What would be a good plant for the foreground of my tank? I want a carpet plant that will spread every where even on the rocks and driftwood. I was thinking baby tears, but idk if that would work. And if it's a plant that will spread quickly that would be great.

Samwuzhere

Reaction score
For most plants to carpet, you need high lighting, a plant substrate, lots of ferts and CO2 injection. Dwarf hair grass is another carpeting plant if you have the right conditions set up for it.
Does regular gravel work for a plant substrate if I have everything else that you listed? And how do I plant hair grass and baby tears so that they will spread? Also does Java moss work?

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't think it will carpet very well if you use gravel. I think the reason plant substrates are recommended is because the nutrients are evenly spread out on the bottom. Unless you mean putting the plant substrate below gravel? I don't know. Someone else will have to chime in on that. I don't know about java moss though I doubt it will require as much as the other plants.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom