What's A Fair Price For Albino Common Plec?

Megan1001

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm planning on selling my small albino common pleco and was wondering what a fair price would be to sell him for? I'm not sure how hard they are to find and don't want to overcharge people for it but also don't want to be ripped off.

toran

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi,
I would think at least what you paid for him. Unless he was a gift. Check prices on Google for ideas.

Carlthefishnotthelama

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Megan1001 said:
I'm planning on selling my small albino common pleco and was wondering what a fair price would be to sell him for? I'm not sure how hard they are to find and don't want to overcharge people for it but also don't want to be ripped off.
I would say about $5, in my area anyways. just today my LFS had a 2 foot albino pleco for $20 so for a small one I would say $5 to $10 as well.

Gadfly

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The general rule is find out what it sells for where you live or will be selling. Take the retail price and cut it in half or even 2/3 if it’s common in your area for your asking price. No one will pay you what you paid for it unless you’re a known fish person or you find a sucker. People that pay full price generally want to do that with a known entity and shy away from private transactions.

New Threads