What would you stock? 120 Gallon Tank

1. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

So I fired my Mono's today.

One of them has been particularly nasty to the other as of late...not a big deal as I have 2 more waiting to go in. Well today I found my Bi-Color Blenny on is side dying from stress. I put him in the QT, he died 20 minuets later. At this point I'm not happy with my Mono's.

So I put them in my 75 brackish with the 2 younger ones and decided to keep them there...permanently.

Now I would like yous guys help in replacing them. Here is what I have in there and whats going in.

4x Adult Colombian sharks
    1x juvie Banded Sleeper Goby
    1x Maldives Lyretail Anthias
    1x Peppermint Shrimp
    LOTS of snails(mix)
    bunch of corals, mostly LPS

In QT:
    young Antennata Lionfish
    young Tomini Tang

The QT'd fish will be out in a week. I'd like suggestions for something that will add to the "uniqueness" of the stock. I would prefer something that gets like 8'' max or under.

My info is up to date.

2. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

3. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Bellus angelfish is a deepwater angelfish and some have swim bladder issues. The Lamarcks' will probably be easier to keep and to get eating.

4. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

Oh okay. Thanks for that for bit, I didn't know. Do you think I could keep multiples of the Lamarcks? I was thinking of a pair possibly. Or do you have any other suggestions of fish that would compliment the angel and others.

5. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

I'm pretty certain I'll end up getting a LaMark and a Japanese Swallow tail Angel. Opinions?

6. Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Hummm don't know about that one, why are you wanting to go that route, Thoose are not good choices what tank is this for and what else do you have in the tank ? Need more details dude!!

7. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

I have :
    4x Adult Colombian sharks 1x juvie Banded Sleeper Goby 1x Maldives Lyretail Anthias 1x Peppermint Shrimp LOTS of snails(mix) bunch of corals, mostly LPS

In QT: young Antennata Lionfish, young tomini tang

In a 125 reef tank.

I chose those angels because of the species and they have subtle beauty which goes a long way in my tank. I really love my anthias but he sticks out like a sore thumb. So I went with smallish angels that are reef safe and I theoreticaly have space for.

*edit* the Japanese swallow tail also called Spot breast Angelfish

8. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I would put the columbian sharks into a bigger tank. I don't see the Genicanthus semifasciatus fora sale very often. Where are you gonna get that from? I still vote for the Lamarcks.

9. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

Genicanthus melanospilos is the fish that I refer to as spot breast or Japanese swallow tail sorry for the confusion.

I would like to move them but I just can't right now. I want to finish the stock and start saving for better lights. Do you think I would be okay adding these last two angels or one of them and calling it a day ?

10. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

I'd just stock one of those angels.

11. Sharkdude Well Known Member Member

Okay thanks Mike!