What Would You Stock These Tanks With?

July

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Instead of giving a classic "I want this sorta fish what can I have with it, etc. etc." I want to know what you would put in a 36 gallon bowfront tank! Feel free to include what you would put in a 10 gallon tank as well.

Only limitations is that all stockings must have adult sizes in mind, not juv., and are completely freshwater! I'll try to figure out what I want to stock after I hear what everyone likes.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I’d likely do what I have in my 29, but up the numbers of the cories and cherries-
Cherry barbs 10
Panda cories 8
2 microctenopama ansorgii

Or I’d do a wild betta pair or a shellie(both of these could also be in a 10). Both of those really interest me and I’d love to be able to breed some wild bettas.

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you have a recommendation for where to show for the orange climbing perch, i've always fancied a pair of them.

July

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I’d likely do what I have in my 29, but up the numbers of the cories and cherries-
Cherry barbs 10
Panda cories 8
2 microctenopama ansorgii

Or I’d do a wild betta pair or a shellie(both of these could also be in a 10). Both of those really interest me and I’d love to be able to breed some wild bettas.
WOAH those microctenopama ansorgii are really cool! If I had 2, would it have to be a breeding pair or could it be same-sex?

For the 10 I may seriously consider shellies, to be completely honest. You know anything about the number that I could have/species that would work well? it's fine if you dont know.

And as for the wild bettas, I've considered it in the past but I don't think I would be very likely to do it.

July

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Enneacampus ansorgii, had a trio years ago. I had them in a heavily planted apongeton water sprite setup. For the 10 gallon, what about some wild bettas.
Do you have a recommendation for where to show for the orange climbing perch, i've always fancied a pair of them.
The Enneacampus ansorgii are really cool fish! Just not something I would have, but they must've been fun to keep.

Not exactly sure what your second post is asking however, sorry.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The ansorgiis I have are both male, I don’t think sex really matters. The only thing is that one male doesn’t typically like the other around him to much and will chase him off unless he’s distracted, but they don’t do any damage and with enough cover it really isn’t anything to be concerned about IME.
As for the Shellie’s I *think you can have a max of 4 in a 10g, I’d try to confirm that prior to getting them though.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom