What Would You Stock These Tanks With?

  • Thread starter

July

Valued Member
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Points
43
Experience
3 years
Instead of giving a classic "I want this sorta fish what can I have with it, etc. etc." I want to know what you would put in a 36 gallon bowfront tank! Feel free to include what you would put in a 10 gallon tank as well.

Only limitations is that all stockings must have adult sizes in mind, not juv., and are completely freshwater! I'll try to figure out what I want to stock after I hear what everyone likes.
 

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
549
Points
148
Experience
More than 10 years
Enneacampus ansorgii, had a trio years ago. I had them in a heavily planted apongeton water sprite setup. For the 10 gallon, what about some wild bettas.
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,497
Reaction score
4,934
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
I’d likely do what I have in my 29, but up the numbers of the cories and cherries-
Cherry barbs 10
Panda cories 8
2 microctenopama ansorgii

Or I’d do a wild betta pair or a shellie(both of these could also be in a 10). Both of those really interest me and I’d love to be able to breed some wild bettas.
 

DutchAquarium

Well Known Member
Messages
1,330
Reaction score
549
Points
148
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you have a recommendation for where to show for the orange climbing perch, i've always fancied a pair of them.
 
  • Thread starter

July

Valued Member
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Points
43
Experience
3 years
Platylover said:
I’d likely do what I have in my 29, but up the numbers of the cories and cherries-
Cherry barbs 10
Panda cories 8
2 microctenopama ansorgii

Or I’d do a wild betta pair or a shellie(both of these could also be in a 10). Both of those really interest me and I’d love to be able to breed some wild bettas.
WOAH those microctenopama ansorgiI are really cool! If I had 2, would it have to be a breeding pair or could it be same-sex?

For the 10 I may seriously consider shellies, to be completely honest. You know anything about the number that I could have/species that would work well? it's fine if you don't know.

And as for the wild bettas, I've considered it in the past but I don't think I would be very likely to do it.
 
  • Thread starter

July

Valued Member
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Points
43
Experience
3 years
DutchAquarium said:
Enneacampus ansorgii, had a trio years ago. I had them in a heavily planted apongeton water sprite setup. For the 10 gallon, what about some wild bettas.
DutchAquarium said:
Do you have a recommendation for where to show for the orange climbing perch, i've always fancied a pair of them.
The Enneacampus ansorgiI are really cool fish! Just not something I would have, but they must've been fun to keep.

Not exactly sure what your second post is asking however, sorry.
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,497
Reaction score
4,934
Points
608
Experience
5 to 10 years
The ansorgiis I have are both male, I don’t think sex really matters. The only thing is that one male doesn’t typically like the other around him to much and will chase him off unless he’s distracted, but they don’t do any damage and with enough cover it really isn’t anything to be concerned about IME.
As for the Shellie’s I *think you can have a max of 4 in a 10 gallon, I’d try to confirm that prior to getting them though.
 

jaymethy

Valued Member
Messages
175
Reaction score
58
Points
28
Experience
5 to 10 years
  • Thread starter

July

Valued Member
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Points
43
Experience
3 years
Bump! Feel free to share more stockings.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom