What would YOU do!

1. Landozer18

Landozer18 Well Known Member Member

I have 3 tanks(55,28,5)

The 55g has live plants, drift wood, rock & the common aquarium gravel for substrate.
    The 28g has all the same as the 55g plus I will be adding clay pots.
    The 5g will be a quarantine.

Current stock: All in the 55g now
    5 Ghost shrimp
    5 Kuhli Loach's
    2 upside down catfish
    2 clown pleco's
    1 Honey gourami
    1 Harlequin Rasbora
    3 penguin tetra's
    5 lemon tetra's

I know I know stocking is messed right up. I had a disease destroy my stocking a month or so ago when I purchased new fish(I have some threads about that).

I would really like to: Keep the Gourami and Kuhli Loach's in the 55g and move the ghost shrimp to the 28g
    Also I don't want to have all the schooling type fish in one tank. Probably just the lemon's or penguin's in the 55g.

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

You could split the clowns 1 to each tank or do both in the 55, watch for aggression if they're same sex. I'll be assuming that you're going to fill out your schools when I refer to them, either the lemons or penguins along with the rasboras in the 55g and the remaining school in the 29g.

The upside down cats can stay in the 55g and would probably appreciate a few more buddies. I think you can do the rest of what you wanted, so your stock would look like this:

55g:
    honey gourami
    5 kuhlie loach
    6-8 either penguin or lemon tetras
    6-8 harlequin rasbora
    2 upside down cats
    1 0r 2 clown pleco

29g:

5 ghost shrimp
    6-8 either lemon or penguin tetras
    1 clown pleco

You could also move one of the schools from the 55g to the 29g if you want.

3. carolo43

carolo43 Valued Member Member

You can put the harley',shrimp and clowns in the 28 easily. The photo in my avatar is a 29 gallon with a dozen harleys, neons and shrimp. Put some driftwood in there for the clowns and fill out your school of Harley's to about 10.

You can also build up the schools in the 55 with more lemons and penguins. The bigger the school, the nicer it looks. I like schools of about 20 myself.

4. OP
    OP
    Landozer18

The clowns started out in the 28g a couple years ago with no agression and still none seen. I don't really want to fill the schools but I will. Im thinking today that I want the harle's and penguins in the 28g. The two upside down cats dont seem to get along and I one of the two isnt actually an upside downcat due to there size, colorations and other things I see. I think the upside down cats will stay in the 55g.

Both tanks have drift wood due to the clowns already.

Which still means I have space in both tanks mostly the 55g though.... so what do I add.

5. K

Kaerey New Member Member

What would "I" do?

I would buy a bunch of Zebra Plecos from aquabid or something, breed them in the clay pots and make a killing selling the fry!

6. OP
    OP
    Landozer18

Forgot to mention I'm not into breeding. :)