What would you add?

• Thread starter FLGirl
  • Start date

FLGirl

Well Known
Just throwing ideas around...would love to hear yours too. I'm planning on upgrading one of 20 gallons to 55 so this would be nothing immediately done. I have a few least killifish and a Bolivian ram that will be moving to the 55 (Malaysian trumpet snails always come along too). It will be planted as all my tanks are ( quite heavily hopefully ). Would you add anything? I feel like I should but anything I can think of has potential issues, ie, compete with ram/territory if not accepted, eat the itty bitty least killifish. I try to be careful because I'm not one of those people that can just return fish to the store - if it doesn't work out I end up setting up a new tank. lol

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
I would add a large school of cories, and a large school of small mid-dwelling schooling fish.
With the cories, since you have a ram you will need to get warmer water cories.
Warm water cories are:
C. aeneus, sterbai, seussi, gossei, adolfoi, oiapoquensis, duplicareus, and haraldschultzi.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
A school of harlequin rasboras would be nice. They are a hardy, active and peaceful fish. I have a photo of one from a school we had a long time ago. I will look for it if you like.

FLGirl

Well Known
Thanks for sharing, I always love to see photos too.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
FLGirl said:
Thanks for sharing, I always love to see photos too.
Here you go. These are from quite a while ago. So they are not of the quality you are accustomed to seeing from me these days. I believe the first two are film and the lighting was halogen shop lights. The last one is an early digital but the lighting was a single archaic flash.

FLGirl

Well Known
Thanks for sharing. Nice looking photos and fish! I may just add some ottos eventually.... Iv always enjoyed them and they have been doing well in my tanks for years. I have cories already too but again they are a safe choice that I'm familiar with.

Top Bottom