What would you add?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just throwing ideas around...would love to hear yours too. I'm planning on upgrading one of 20 gallons to 55 so this would be nothing immediately done. I have a few least killifish and a Bolivian ram that will be moving to the 55 (Malaysian trumpet snails always come along too). It will be planted as all my tanks are ( quite heavily hopefully ). Would you add anything? I feel like I should but anything I can think of has potential issues, ie, compete with ram/territory if not accepted, eat the itty bitty least killifish. I try to be careful because I'm not one of those people that can just return fish to the store - if it doesn't work out I end up setting up a new tank. lol

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would add a large school of cories, and a large school of small mid-dwelling schooling fish.
With the cories, since you have a ram you will need to get warmer water cories.
Warm water cories are:
C. aeneus, sterbai, seussi, gossei, adolfoi, oiapoquensis, duplicareus, and haraldschultzi.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
A school of harlequin rasboras would be nice. They are a hardy, active and peaceful fish. I have a photo of one from a school we had a long time ago. I will look for it if you like.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for sharing, I always love to see photos too.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLGirl said:
Thanks for sharing, I always love to see photos too.
Here you go. These are from quite a while ago. So they are not of the quality you are accustomed to seeing from me these days. I believe the first two are film and the lighting was halogen shop lights. The last one is an early digital but the lighting was a single archaic flash.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for sharing. Nice looking photos and fish! I may just add some ottos eventually.... Iv always enjoyed them and they have been doing well in my tanks for years. I have cories already too but again they are a safe choice that I'm familiar with.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom