What would this white spot be?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Tam9674, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Tam9674

Tam9674Valued MemberMember

This white pimple looking thing popped up on my tetra the other day. I have another tetra with a littler one on its mouth....
    [​IMG]

2. Aquaphobia

AquaphobiaFishlore LegendMember

I think that's something that chromedome52 or @DoubleDutch may be able to help with. I know I've seen something similar mentioned on this site but can't remember for the life of me.

What are you water parameters?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

I don't know sorry. Dorsal looks a bit whitish too (though I know they natural show a bit of white too).

4. Aquaphobia

My tetras all have white tips but I have black neons and glowlights. Don't know if that counts for anything...

Thanks for looking DoubleDutch:)

5. OP
    OP
    Tam9674

Tam9674Valued MemberMember

I am talking about the white bump near his tail not on his fins :) My nitrates are testing really high...

6. Aquaphobia

I know, I think DoubleDutch was just wondering if that was part of what you were talking about:)

How high are your nitrates?

7. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

I know but just wondering if those two things were related.

8. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

The white on the fins is normal coloration for a Silvertip Tetra. The lump on the caudal peduncle looks like some sort of tumor. Not sure if anything can be done about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice