What would be the best wet pet for a 75 gallon? (aside from giant bettas!)

Meeki

I've always loves oscars because of their personnalities. I used to work at a pet store, and the first thing I would look forward to in the morning was that one big oscar. It would swim up to me thinking im was about to give it food. Absolutely adorable. Unfortunately, oscars get way too big for me to afford a big enough tank. What would be a smaller fish that I can keep alone and that has an amazing personnality? I already want a giant betta, as they can get up to 5 inches and that is a perfect size to me. Are there any other fish with a good personnality I can keep alone? I've heard male firemouth cichlids can live alone, but there is too much conflicting information for me to be confinced.

BigManAquatics

Flowerhorns would be about perfect. Kept individually, ton of personality

Upvote 0

Meeki

Flowerhorns would be about perfect. Kept individually, ton of personality
I think flowerhorns look cool, but I don,t know if keeping them is cruel or not, since they are deformed a little. I also don't know if a 75 gal is big enough for a flowerhorn. I've heard there are smaller flowerhorn breeds, but I don,t think I can get one since they,re rare.

Are there any other alternatives to flowerhorns? Keep in mind i love flowerhorns and I do think they might be a good wet pet i just want to know if there are any other kind of fish that are just like flowerhorns or oscars

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

I think flowerhorns look cool, but I don,t know if keeping them is cruel or not, since they are deformed a little. I also don't know if a 75 gal is big enough for a flowerhorn. I've heard there are smaller flowerhorn breeds, but I don,t think I can get one since they,re rare.

Are there any other alternatives to flowerhorns? Keep in mind i love flowerhorns and I do think they might be a good wet pet i just want to know if there are any other kind of fish that are just like flowerhorns or oscars
Sure there are, thats the one that popped into my head first lol! And the only one i can actually put a name on offhand.

Upvote 0

Meeki

Sure there are, thats the one that popped into my head first lol! And the only one i can actually put a name on offhand.
what would be a good alternative for a flowerhorn? I'bve heard you can keep one firemouth cichlid or one jack dempsey cichlid alone in a 55 gallon. Is that a good idea? Will a firemouth cichlid be happy alone in a 55 gal?

Upvote 0

Cody

I personally think you would be able to do an Oscar in a 75 gallon on its own if you wished.

Most of the common large species like Oscars, Jack Dempsey, Texas Cichlid. Flower Horns, and many others would do well in that setup.

A fire mouth would be fine in a 75 gallon but that would be a lot of tank for that one fish and it may seem a little empty.

Upvote 0

Eaton

Well my lfs had a vieja zonata for a couple of weeks and when I would go up to the glass he would try and headbutt the glass and follow my finger he was really cool and could fit in your tank

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
Replies
Views
Gursher Nakai
Replies
Views
Lyrical0222
Replies
Views
carsonsgjs