What Would Be A Nice Way To Rearrange The Hardscape?

bumblinBee

I am planning on purchasing more plants in the future (some plant suggestions are much appreciated) but for the moment I'm wondering what you all think of the current layout I have. It's very basic right now, but I spent quite a bit on the hardscape and I'd like to hear your suggestions on the best way to highlight each attribute to it's fullest. I'd like to get as much height out of what I have currently as I can and possibly incorporate some kind of cave like structure. If better pictures are needed let me know, it's hard to get good photos with the way I've placed everything.
On a separate note, based on these s, what size would you guess my aquarium is? I am constantly under the impression that my aquarium looks smaller than it's actual size and it's been eating me up inside.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.JPG
    IMG_1216.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 54490410016__F0A9A159-F166-4AD1-B737-E55A48B1EDAF.JPG
    54490410016__F0A9A159-F166-4AD1-B737-E55A48B1EDAF.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 54490410767__1450D7B9-04AF-4A70-9849-EB3FF10AC06A.JPG
    54490410767__1450D7B9-04AF-4A70-9849-EB3FF10AC06A.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 89

Philippians 4:13

I am planning on purchasing more plants in the future (some plant suggestions are much appreciated) but for the moment I'm wondering what you all think of the current layout I have. It's very basic right now, but I spent quite a bit on the hardscape and I'd like to hear your suggestions on the best way to highlight each attribute to it's fullest. I'd like to get as much height out of what I have currently as I can and possibly incorporate some kind of cave like structure. If better pictures are needed let me know, it's hard to get good photos with the way I've placed everything.
On a separate note, based on these s, what size would you guess my aquarium is? I am constantly under the impression that my aquarium looks smaller than it's actual size and it's been eating me up inside.
It looks like 20-30 gallons, correct?

I would put the two big wood pieces in the left corner, and the other things on the right, then leave the middle mostly open.

bumblinBee

Yes, it's a 25 gallon but honestly it looks so small in my minds eye. Good to know I'm the only one that's thinking that though.

I would put the two big wood pieces in the left corner, and the other things on the right, then leave the middle mostly open.
I could give that a go, thank you for the suggestion.

aussieJJDude

If it was my tank, I would go about it like this:

Use that large piece of wood on the left and shore up the substrate behind it on the LHS to form a wall, and have a deepish sandbed. If that's not your thing, I'd just let it lie down flat, on an angle from front to back to increase depth.
Then use the rocks around it to frame it, and then the other smaller piece of wood I would use it to form some height on the other side.

Edit... I'm horrible at explaining, but basically leave as is except move the large piece of wood off the rock.

bumblinBee

If it was my tank, I would go about it like this:

Use that large piece of wood on the left and shore up the substrate behind it on the LHS to form a wall, and have a deepish sandbed. If that's not your thing, I'd just let it lie down flat, on an angle from front to back to increase depth.
Then use the rocks around it to frame it, and then the other smaller piece of wood I would use it to form some height on the other side.

Edit... I'm horrible at explaining, but basically leave as is except move the large piece of wood off the rock.
Haha, thank you for your input, much appreciated!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
SotaAquatics
Replies
Views
psalm18.2
  • Question
Replies
Views
Pwilly07
Replies