What/When do you feed corals?

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What and how often do you guys feed your corals?

I have a variety of different corals and usually spot feed them every other day with zooplanktos.

Last edited:

ATP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What and how often do you guys feed your corals?

I have a variety of different corals and usually spot feed them every other day with zooplanktos.
I feed mine every weekend with oyesterfeast and some pods to the LPS. Anemone gets krill.

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I feed mine 2x a week......I vary the foods....we cant have bored corals!!!!! Have u seen marine snow????Its awesome!!!!!!

zeeter

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well I've been doing more and more research. Now I'm feeding the tentacled corals zooplankton every other day and phytoplankton for the non tentacled (ok - start flaming me for not knowing the nomenclature of my corals!).

Recently I read about a guy who feeds his a sludge mixture on an automatic timer almost continuously. It must be working since his tank was featured in a magazine.

Currently I'm running filter floss and activated carbon. My understanding is that one reason for turning the pumps off during feeding is that the carbon will absorb the food. Am I correct in that reasoning? If not then I'm going to start thinking creating some sort of drip feeding system for my tank. Just don't want to waste it if the carbon is going to break it down.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom