What was your first fish?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Skadunkadunk, Apr 19, 2006.

?

What was your first fish?

1. Guppy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tetra

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Barb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Goldfish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. White Cloud

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

When did you get the fish?

2. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Goldfish were our first victims in the hobby about 3 years ago. I learned how not to kill my fish by searching on the internet and asking questions in forums like FishLore. ;)

3. CrabbyjNew MemberMember

We also had goldfish. Gosh it was so long ago we didn't even have a computer at that time. I knew absolutely nothing about fish. We did buy a fish care book, but I think they only lived a few months or so.

4. CraigWell Known MemberMember

1st ever fish about 6 years ago would hav been goldfish think we had goldfish when i was about 6 or 7

C W

5. Gwenz

GwenzWell Known MemberMember

My first fish was a goldfish. this was about 8 years ago though. My first tropical fish though were Neon Tetras and Zebra danios.

Gwenz :)

6. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

my first fish was a platy

7. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Well, I had a Goldfish in a little torture chamber for about a week when I was really young. :'( Then when I was a little older I tried keeping them again, this time in 10 gallon tank, and I got them to live longer but knew nothing about cycling or water changes so they all died. :'( I also tried putting CAE's with them to clean up, and at one point I put a poor Betta in a bowl...they didn't last long. :'(

So, I like to think of my Platys (then Guppies, then Otos, and soon more... ;D)as my first fish since I actually know how to keep fish now. But I guess technically Goldies are the first ones.

8. chickadee

chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

my first fish should be no surprise to anyone around here. i had a lovely betta named Azul (blue of course) He was a rescue from Walmart and unfortunately only lived 6 months until he died of dropsy. I have kept fish since last July and learned a lot from the members of this forum and reading, reading, and cultivating friends in the fish business, including members of the manufacturers of fish products, and fish vets. Everyone always has been so helpful, and I am grateful for every bit of information I have been given and all the help I have gotten that has helped me to take better care of the fish I still have. They are my babies and I love all of them like family and treat them like very spoiled children except where it is not good for them.

Rose
    :)

9. OP
    OP
    S

SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

I had an angelfish in a 20 gallon aquarium, but I didn't know about cycling, so it lived three days.

10. zeddyValued MemberMember

my first was a betta, and it snowballed from there

11. COBettaCoupleFishlore LegendMember

sounds like us. lol

12. Tom

TomFishlore VIPMember

My first was a pair of danios and a cory in a 2 gallon.
    Tom

13. sick-lid boyValued MemberMember

My very first fish was when I was a wee lad. My parents had a community tank with Kissing Gouramis, Neon Tetras, Guppies, and a couple Angel fish if I remember correctly. There was also a Red-Tail Shark which was my favorite fish, so my dad told me the Shark was 'mine'.

Around 35 years later, I got my own tank and the first fish(es) I got were five painted Glassfish.. four of whom promptly died. Then I discovered Fishlore.com, found out what was up, and was able to save the fifth Glassfish. He's still alive today and about 98% dye-free. ;)

14. Tom

TomFishlore VIPMember

Do you have a pic of it?
    Tom

15. sick-lid boyValued MemberMember

Yup.

126.jpg

16. Tom

TomFishlore VIPMember

Ohhhh, I thought you were talking about a glass catfish and not an Indian glass fish. You do know that the plant on the left is an aluminum plant and is toxic to the aquarium?
    Tom

17. sick-lid boyValued MemberMember

No I didn't. Seriously? I've had it in there for about a month. I should take it out?

18. Tom

TomFishlore VIPMember

Ya, you should, they will pollute your tank.

Tom

19. sick-lid boyValued MemberMember

Well, that's better than polluting my tank and THEN dying. I'll take it out just to be safe. The only reason I got it is because it was fairly large. I guess I'll try something else... The thing about getting plants from a fish store is you can't really pick and choose from plants you've researched, you're just limited to what they have in stock... which is usually not much.

20. Sabi

SabiWell Known MemberMember

Gold fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice