What veggies for my cherry barbs - feeding advice

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
As i have posted i now have my first tropical tank with just ( so adoreable ) Cherry Barbs. All my research says feed veg but what type for CB's ? Have seen for many fish Romaine lettuce, cucumber and Zuchinni aswell as other veg. Anyone out there advice for me, also any advice on other feed for them? On flake at mo.

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Re: What veg for my cherry barbs?! any other feeing advice Welcome

Cheery barbs can exist quite happily on tropical fish flakes,however its a good idea to supplement their diet with adult brine shrimp,daphnia and blood worms.In the wild they manly eat vegetable matter so you can also feed them zucchini or cucumber which they will eat readily.

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Just answered your other post( on begginers) and added this question!! so thank you! Michelle

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

I should have said you will have to weigh down your veggies with some thing, i use a small fork and just push the handle through it .

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score

i had read to par boil veg but as you know i'm a novice so ANY advice welcome. Fork good idea, thought pin down wi the pebbles but you have better idea Ta Pls keep advice coming. Where you in UK Boff?

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

Yep some people part boil there veggies first, it does help weigh them down. Some people say it makes it easier for the fish to digest but i don't know,i don't part boil mine and my fish love it .Butterfly told me that cucumber skin is poisonous and to peel it first, thats why i use zucchini just in case because i want the best for my fish .I live on the isle of wight if you don't know where that is its about 1 mile off Portsmouth .If you need any help just ask .boff

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Yes I have been to Isle of Wight. I'm on the Wirral, opposite side of the River Mersey from Liverpool. Have just posted new post for help but will def try Zucc in future, ty Miche

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom