What Type of Snail This Is?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by zjh828266, Jan 7, 2013.

1. zjh828266Valued MemberMember

SnailsinAquarium2.jpg
    Does any1 knwo whats the type of snail thsi is?

2. Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

i can almost garantee that is bladder snail. not harmful to plants or fish.

3. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Pond snail..Be prepared for lots more... :)

4. RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Bladder snail :)

5. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Bladder snail, pond snail, whats the difference..lol..

6. RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

;D You had to ask didn't you! Well first of all they are from completely different families. Pond snails are Lymnaeidae and Bladder snails are Physidae. True pond snails have a shell opening pointing to the right while bladder snails point to the left. Pond snails have nearly transparent shells and get much larger than bladder snails. Bladder snails have brownish shells with spots on them. Bladder snails have thin, stringy antennae while pond snails have flat, triangle shaped antennae. Here's a picture that will help.  

7. tunastrackWell Known MemberMember

Ohhhh ok...Well as usually you taught me something else I didnt know... :) ty

8. RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

:;laughing I'm just a wealth of useless information aren't I? LOL

9. MagooFishlore VIPMember

Very informative Rogue I always thought they were the same doh. Thank you :) now to figure out which ones I have

10. oscarsbudWell Known MemberMember

Your information may be useless to "others", but to the people on this forum you are priceless :;nw (and it's a heck of a lot easier to ask you than to go through 4,000,000 answers when you google it ;).

11. RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Hahaha thanks oscarsbud!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice