What Type Of Snail Is This?

Webber

Hello Everyone, Hope you all are well yesterday I bought 2 snails from my lfs even they don't know what type of these snails are. Usually many lfs in my area are not expert. I have read some articles to identify these species but its so confusing. I posted some pics of my snail, guys please help me to find out what type of snails I am having.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20170920_082941.jpg
    IMG_20170920_082941.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20170920_082831.jpg
    IMG_20170920_082831.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20170920_082802.jpg
    IMG_20170920_082802.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20170920_082752.jpg
    IMG_20170920_082752.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 58

Webber

Mystery snail
Thank you MikeRad! for the quick reply are you sure about it can you pls tell me more about this species.

MikeRad89

I'm not a snail guy to be honest. I know they like blanched veggies, need a source of calcium for shell health, grow fairly large, and lay huge clutches of eggs above the water line.

Webber

A
I'm not a snail guy to be honest. I know they like blanched veggies, need a source of calcium for shell health, grow fairly large, and lay huge clutches of eggs above the water line.
Alright Mike big thanks!

andychrissytank

They can grow to the size of a golf ball and are opportunist eaters that will readily accept sick/dying tank mates as well as blanched spinach and zucchini
They roam all around the tank and the males never pass the waterline, only females carrying eggs. If it is a female, she will lay eggs regardless if a male is present but they will be infertile.
They do excrete a fair bit of waste when they grow but they are nice and easy snails
Copper is deadly to them- if you ever use medication containing copper you will have to remove it first, food and fertilizer containing copper are fine
they don't really mind tank parameters as long as you supplement calcium in their diet
Your new pet will live for around 2-3 years
Great addition to your tank :]

Webber

They can grow to the size of a golf ball and are opportunist eaters that will readily accept sick/dying tank mates as well as blanched spinach and zucchini
They roam all around the tank and the males never pass the waterline, only females carrying eggs. If it is a female, she will lay eggs regardless if a male is present but they will be infertile.
They do excrete a fair bit of waste when they grow but they are nice and easy snails
Copper is deadly to them- if you ever use medication containing copper you will have to remove it first, food and fertilizer containing copper are fine
they don't really mind tank parameters as long as you supplement calcium in their diet
Your new pet will live for around 2-3 years
Great addition to your tank :]
Ok wow! Thanks for the info finally its time to go to my lfs to educate him. (lol)

Webber

I read some articles about mystery snails they have siphon tentacle longer there body for breathing use, but in my pictures they are lack of it even I didn't see such thing in it. Are you guys sure about the species you mentioned above?

Natalya

Looks like mystery snail to me as well

Webber

Looks like mystery snail to me as well
So it means tentacles info was wrong on the internet?

Natalya

So it means tentacles info was wrong on the internet?
they can keep it inside. But it looks just like my mystery snail

Webber

they can keep it inside. But it looks just like my mystery snail
Thank you for your reply!!! I have 2 of them most of the time they keep stick together. **** what the heck is going on with them totally confused???

Natalya

Thank you for your reply!!! I have 2 of them most of the time they keep stick together. what the heck is going on with them totally confused???
Mating? I never had a chance to observe it because I only have one mystery snail

Webber

Mating? I never had a chance to observe it because I only have one mystery snail
Well I guess same now... anyway thanks for taking interest in my thread.

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom