20 Gallon Tank What type of salt should I get for my fiddler crabs?

PurityNWhiteRoses

There are so many different options for marine salt. What are your favorite brands that are on the cheaper side but still high quality? I want a good salt for my crabs, and I'm not sure which one I should get. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mudminnow

I always used Instant Ocean as my salt mix. There are other options now though. This video does a nice break down:

PurityNWhiteRoses

Thank you so much!

I'm just curious, how do you do water changes when mixing salts in? Do you have to make the water hours ahead of time? Do you have any advice on how to do water changes? Is a faster dissolving salt better and more time-saving?

Mudminnow

I'm just curious, how do you do water changes when mixing salts in? Do you have to make the water hours ahead of time? Do you have any advice on how to do water changes? Is a faster dissolving salt better and more time-saving?
You will need to mix your salt ahead of time. Get a tote or plastic trash can that's used only for the task. Mix the new water and salt mix in your chosen container. I found using a powerhead (for mixing) and a heater (to get the water to the correct temp) are very helpful.

For water changes, siphon water out of your tank. Then, get a pump and tubbing to pump the new water from your container into your aquarium.

Yes, you will have to mix the salt hours to days ahead of time. As seen in the video, some brands mix faster than others.

PurityNWhiteRoses

Thank you so much again! I really appreciate it!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
NearMeBettas
Replies
Views
americanninja
  • Question
Replies
Views
Amyjw