What Type Of Rainbow????

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I don’t know what these are and I now own 7 and they are happily swimming in a quarantine tank. I got them at petsmart because no other store within an hours drive carries them. I usually go to strictly aquarium stores and one store said they should get them but it could be months (and I’m inpatient). The sign said Australian but I now know the scientific name actually says it’s an eastern rainbow. The pictures of both fish on the internet look very similar and I don’t have a good eye for determining the difference. The web also gives sizes for the eastern rainbow from 4 to 6 inches. If the eastern doesn’t get much bigger than the Australian I’ll keep them. Help!!!! They will go in my 55 gallon that has:
12 preacox dwarf neon
6 julii cories (I think they might actually be false julli) (will add more
6 pepper cory (will add more)

It las lots of plants, 2 aquaclear 70 filters and 2 sponge filters. It’s 48 inches long, 21 high and 12.5 deep

IMG_2190.JPG
IMG_2189.JPG

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
12E85773-B12B-451F-B581-AAAA6D125EE6.png
Haven’t seen them in a long time. Here’s a pic of a fully grown one. Yes I also bought them as a Australian rainbow fish. They should be fine with your fish they’re peaceful schoolers. Also they look like small striped bass.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom