What type of pleco for a 55 gallon tank?

Kay438

What the different types of plecos could I get for a 55 gallon tank?
I only want one but I just wanna see what kinda I could house in the 55 gallons

SouthAmericanCichlids

BN, clown, rubberlip (or rubber, I always mix 'em up), green dragon.

Kay438

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
BN, clown, rubberlip (or rubber, I always mix 'em up), green dragon.
Thank you!

Fisch

Bristlenose Pleco get my vote anyday.
They stay relatively small (mine is ~5inches) and are just fun to watch. They get a bit grumpy as they age, and none of my other fish is allowed to nibble on his zucchini.

Kay438

Fisch said:
Bristlenose Pleco get my vote anyday.
They stay relatively small (mine is ~5inches) and are just fun to watch. They get a bit grumpy as they age, and none of my other fish is allowed to nibble on his zucchini.
Aw I want one I'll have to see I'd my local pet store has them!! I got a pleco from a different pet store and they sold me a common pleco as a bristlenose pleco and now hes 8 inches lol hes getting rehomed because my tank isnt big enough

Fisch

Kay438 said:
Aw I want one I'll have to see I'd my local pet store has them!! I got a pleco from a different pet store and they sold me a common pleco as a bristlenose pleco and now hes 8 inches lol hes getting rehomed because my tank isnt big enough
Good decision. I got mine through the classifieds from a hobby breeder, and Lips was my first fish in the tank. Yes, petsmart has a lot of common plecos...I learned to read the little tags at their tanks

AcornTheBetta

If your looking for something that is rare than a l46 would be cool.

Kay438

Fisch said:
Good decision. I got mine through the classifieds from a hobby breeder, and Lips was my first fish in the tank. Yes, petsmart has a lot of common plecos...I learned to read the little tags at their tanks
It wasnt even a petsmart lol but even the little tag said bristlenose pleco and it was so small and I thought that maybe they got their briskly noses when they grow older but nope lol it's a common pleco I found someone to take him tho and they have a 120 gallon tank so I'm super happy someone will take him!
AcornTheBetta said:
If your looking for something that is rare than a l46 would be cool.
I'll have to check those out never seen them before
Checked them out and those are super cool looking!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom