What Type Of O-ring Should I Use?

Discussion in 'Plant CO2' started by Hashfish, Apr 13, 2017.

  1. HashfishValued MemberMember

    Soooo, I just received my second Aquatek mini w/ regulator in a span of 2 months. The first one was completely broken, no gas would pass through it and the output gauge always read 50 psi. Total trash. I tried to get a replacement but aquatek never responded. Against my better judgement I bought a second one. They're like $100 and can be used with a 20 oz paintball tank which sounds way better than a DIY I have to feed or a $700 setup with a ugly tank, so yeah. Anyway, I just got the second one and the o-ring is missing...:emoji_sob:... I tested it with a rubber o-ring but that's a horrible idea for long term and shut it down. Anyone know what type of o-ring I should be looking for? The material would be the most important part, I have no idea what to ask for when at the hardware store. Aquatek is no help so far and any help would be appreciated.
  2. James17Well Known MemberMember

    It is very unfortunate that a lot of companies have their o-rings made just for them.
    I have a 0-ring kit I use for plumbing I'd be willing to send you one of each but it's hard to tell if one would ever work without Aquatek helping you.
  3. anirocWell Known MemberMember

    I get my o-ring from the gas company that refills my cylinder. They call it "nylon washer" and they know which one fits my cylinder.
  4. HashfishValued MemberMember

    Thanks for the offer, but plumbing o-rings are generally made of rubber which will be eaten away from the co2. I do appreciate the offer though, thx.
  5. HashfishValued MemberMember

    Yeah, I'm thinking a welding supply store would be the only option if Aquatek doesn't get a hold of me soon. Now that I know it's called a nylon washer, I should be able to track one down. Thank you.
  6. HashfishValued MemberMember

    So, Aquatek just got ahold of me and said the o-ring isn't included in the kit and I'll need to get a replacement from someplace that carries paintball stuff:emoji_expressionless:. Funny thing is that I know my tank DID come with one but it was old, cracked AND the solenoid had a better one already inside. Seems like Aquatek just doesn't want to spend the money on shipping me o-rings. I did find out that the o-ring in question is called a 'urethane o-ring'. Most tanks are the same size so as long as it's for a paintball tank it should fit. Fingers crossed I can find one.

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice