What type of guppy is this?

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by klogue2, Dec 22, 2012.

1. klogue2

klogue2 Valued Member Member

So two of my guppies have what looks like a bettas twin tail. Is this just unique or is it a certain variation? I found them at my petsmart :) who are pretty good with their animals from what I can tell. And the tail isn't really split, it's like clear between the two "tails".

Edit: ok, I feel kind of silly asking about this now :) I don't really think they're a different kind of guppy... Just different tail variations. What do you guys think?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. p

plecodragon Well Known Member Member

It looks like a lyretail guppy. Very pretty fish.

3. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

They look more like double swords to me because of the dorsal fin. Here's a good picture to help you figure out what they are :  

4. OP
    OP
    klogue2

Thanks! I also think it looks like double swords when I look at that picture, the blue-silver guppy just seems to have a veil tail perhaps with coloration that makes it look split. I appreciate the help :)

5. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

The blue guy looks more like an Endler cross to me.

6. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

They are sold in chain stores as lyre tail guppies. A pretty common fish.

7. OP
    OP
    klogue2

I also thought that one and another of my fish looked like endler or a mix of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice