What Type Of Guppies Are These?

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by Karter B, Jul 18, 2017.

1. K

Karter B New Member Member

I just got these male guppies from my friend about a week ago, and since I'm still a beginner to guppies in general, I have no clue what strain they are. I do know that they were in a tank with lots of different guppies, and they were allowed to breed randomly. The pictures I have aren't the greatest, but they're the best I could get due to the shape of my tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated! sizetest.jpg sizetest2.jpg

2. PraptiPanda

PraptiPanda Valued Member Member

First one looks like a lemon guppy, although lemons have brighter tails and the second looks like a low grade moscow/cobra hybrid.

By the way, I don't want to sound snide, but are they in a bowl? If so, then please get them a tank. They really thrive on tanks over 10 gallons.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
  3. Shadow2331

Shadow2331 Valued Member Member

looks like hybrids to me :confused:

4. OP
    OP
    K

Karter B New Member Member

No, I have them in a 3 gallon cylindrical tank along with some 2 week old fry. They're all going to get moved into a 10 gallon tank soon.

5. Aster

Aster Well Known Member Member

Mutts, no particular strain that I can tell.

They would appreciate the extra room in the 10g as soon as possible, guppies are active and like to explore :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice