What type of Gourami to add

1. M

Machine11 Well Known Member Member

Seeking some thoughts by members on what type of Gourami to add to my tank.
    Currently have a 220L (60g-ish) heavily planted with bacopa, swords, blue stricta and floating wisteria and duckweed.

Current stocking is 10 widow tetra, 5 swordtails, 2 Angelfish (medium sized), 1 Rainbow shark, 1 bristlenose pleco.

Current water parameters pH 7.4, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, Nitrate 10-20.

I recently lost a dwarf gourami to old age but would like 1 or 2 bigger gouramis than the dwarf variety.

I'm considering a pair of pearl gourami' but would like something with a bit more colour.
    I'm not sure how a blue gourami and a gold gourami would go together.

Thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

2. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

3. A

Aichmalotizo Well Known Member Member

4. OP
    OP
    M

I've never seen a banded gourami in the stores around me.

How would mixing a m/f pair of pearl gouramis with a gold gourami and blue gourami go??

5. A

That's a bad idea, you would need a way larger tank tank a 60 gallon for more than a pair of gourami.

6. A

The m/f pair would work, or a single of any, but you don't want a non m/f pair of two different kinds. It usually ends bad. It can turn out alright, but that is far less likely

Meant to edit.... Not double reply

7. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

Kissers get to big for a 60 gallon. A pair of pearls or a pair of moonlights is what I would go with.

8. OP
    OP
    M

Thanks guys.

I might just stick to a single blue or gold gourami. Looking to add more colour to the tank.