What type of fry?

JMI6

What kind of fry do i have? Had a female swordtail and a guppy in tank also few days before the birth i added a female bumble bee platy but she did not seem to look pregnant like other 2. I believe they may be swordtail but theres one i think that reminds me of a guppy due to no color like the others

Attachments

CichlidCody

The light colored one is a guppy. The light colored red and the black ones are swordtails. Keep in mind swordtails and male guppies can mate, but only given with a 1:1 ratio.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
CichlidCody said:
The light colored one is a guppy. The light colored red and the black ones are swordtails. Keep in mind swordtails and male guppies can mate, but only given with a 1:1 ratio.
Swordtails and Guppies cannot mate. Swords and Platies can, but it's rare. Guppies and Mollies can, but it's even more rare.

emeraldking

Well Known
CichlidCody said:
Swordtails won't crossbreed with guppies. Not even at a 1m:1f ratio. If you keep a guppy and a molly at a 1m:1f ratio, the chance that they will crossbreed is present. The genitals of guppies and swordtails ain't compatible to mate. They can chase eachother and put the gonopodium forward but a mating won't happen. It's physical not possible in this case.

New Threads