What type of fish can I add? 10 Gallon Tank

1. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Hello everyone I was wondering what other fish I could put in my 10 gallon live tank I have 1 Betta(Airey) and 3 Danios(1 male and 2 females) and will be getting 6 RCS in three days.
    Jessi

2. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

What type of danios are they? Most get too big or active for a 10 gallon so it'll be best if you get a bigger tank or rehome them. Danios can also be really nippy if not kept in a large enough schools so they aren't the best tankmates for bettas. It depends on the betta what fish can go in there but neon tetras are a good choice for a 10 gallon. Other than fish, certain shrimp and snail might work. :)

3. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

They are zebra and they yet to go after the betta but than again Airey is very fast and they like staying near their rock plus I have tons of plants for all of them to hide in.I am getting 6 Red cherry shrimp on Friday which is your Saturday in Melbourne.

4. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

Zebras are too active for a 10 gallon IMO and they need to be kept in a school or most likely they'll become nippy, neon tetras are a better choice if your betta isn't too aggressive. The shrimp will work as long as you have enough hiding places or the betta might eat them. :)

5. deon junior Member Member

i would definately get rid of the zebras. they are a great little fish but they are too active for a 10gl. neons would be great for the tank though

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Jessi and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I hope you enjoy the site.

Ken

Attached Files:

7. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I plan on moving them to a 30 long when it is done cycling.Another question how can I tell who is male and who is female seeing even though I was told I had 1male and 2 females I want to make sure they are and I been looking at pics on here and they do not look like zebras they look like long fin leopards if they stay still I will try to get a pic.

8. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Shrimp might be a good adition.

9. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

males are slightly smaller and more 'streamline' females are a bit blockier, especially when they are stuffed full of eggs, and bigger. Its harder to see at the store because usually they are young, but when they start growing in your tanks, you will be able to tell.

10. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Thank you I will try to get pics

11. JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

12. mosaicguppy Well Known Member Member

Looks like a spotted danio(danio kyathit) to me.