What Type Of Fish Are These Question

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by SBarrett312, Jun 14, 2018.

1. SBarrett312

SBarrett312Valued MemberMember

What type of fish are these? I caught them while fishing in Pennsylvania. Also what’s wrong with the blue one’s eye?
    IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1295.jpgIMG_1296.jpg

2. Adriifu

AdriifuWell Known MemberMember

Looks like a blue gill to me. Is the second picture a different fish? I can't really see it very well. @chromedome52

3. Demeter

DemeterFishlore VIPMember

The first and last fish looks to be some sort of sunfish, perhaps a pumpkin seed but the head shape looks a bit wrong for it. As for what's wrong with it, it looks pretty much dead in the pictures.

The second fish looks like a crappie, not sure which as they all look the same to me.

Link to list of panfish in PA

4. BraedonB

BraedonBValued MemberMember

The first one is a sunfish (of which bluegill are a type). I can't tell beyond that; I am definitely not an expert. It looks like some trauma, possibly from another sunfish as they are very aggressive. The second is a crappie.

5. Td644Valued MemberMember

First and last are Pumpkinseed as far as I can tell the black spot with orange edge on the gill cover, orange spots across the body and turquoise striping on the cheeks point to that I can't see the second well enough to geuss.

6. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

Second looks to be Pomoxis annulatus, the White Crappie. The other two are Pumpkinseeds, or a hybrid thereof.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice