What type of filter pad???

1. Jason Well Known Member Member

This is a picture of my filter. The bottom sponge cartridge I am keepig but the 2nd upper filter pad I had to replce fairly early after a month or so and replave with carbon pad which I cut to size, but I dont like the carbon much because it seems to slow the water flow coming out the head. What should I put in there instead as I dont want to get the one it came with otherwise I'll be spending too much??? ???

Attached Files:

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

whoa nice lookin filter :)
    kewl

3. Craig Well Known Member Member

you could put a polyester filter pad (white) in but it only lasts a month but it keeps the water clear thats what i use my foam pads last about 4 months if u get the fluval 2 plus polyester pack u get 4 of them there only about £2.99 over here or just put a foam pad in lol

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Nice looking filter. Since I've never seen one like that I probably not going to be much help ;)
    Some of the things used instead of the carbon pads are the white filter sheets that can be bought by the foot at the lfs and the fluffy quilt filler that you can buy by the bag at department stores. With the fluffy stuff you just have to make sure it doesn't have any addatives like perfume, flame retardant, or dyes added to it. Sorry i couldn't be more helpful
    Carol

5. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

It looks really nice...ooohh...the colors...... ;D

6. Jason Well Known Member Member

After careful consideration I think I'll just go and buy some white filter pad and cut it to size whic is similar to the carbon except not carbon.

7. Craig Well Known Member Member

yes its the best keeps the water clear

8. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I use that in all my filters, very easy to rinse out also. Inexpensive as well. Remember to only change part of your filter media at one time. (I know you know that but the mom in me made me remind you, sorry ;D
    Carol

9. Jason Well Known Member Member

LOL! ;)