What type of dragon fish? Also, is this a Siamese Algae Eater?

godzen

I bought these yesterday from a craigslist ad. The long fish was advertised as a dragon fish. Do you know the type and scientific name so I can do more research?

I also bought the black stripe fish that was advertised as siamese algae eater. However, the more I research, the more I think it's fake SAE. Can you identify that too?

Sharkdude

It's a Senegal bichir or dinosaur bichir. Gets pretty big and they are predator fish.

Kathy Potts

Here is a pic of our Siamese Algae Eater that we got from Bolivianbaby.

Hsunami

lol quick glance those look like Roseline sharks, I was like "O! roseline sharks. . . hmmmm where's the red. . . "

jillofalltrades37

If you have any small fish in there that will fit in the bichir's mouth he will eat them ... looks like he has a belly full of something.

Kathy Potts

If you have any small fish in there that will fit in the bichir's mouth he will eat them ... looks like he has a belly full of something.

Jill, you are right. That next to the last pic does look a bit supicious Looks like he had a good meal somewhere.

godzen

Jill, you are right. That next to the last pic does look a bit supicious Looks like he had a good meal somewhere.

haha...as far as I could tell, he'd just had some meat eater flakes. He's in a tank with the big boys (barbs, fire eel, ghost knife, etc). The smallest fish I have in there right now is the tiger barb.

Okay, I guess I can say with certainty that the fish I bought is not a siamese algae eater but a look-alike. Mine look like a great white. lol

Jaysee

Looks like it's had more than some flakes.....

I think the fish you posted and the fish kathy posted are the same....could be a young floying fox though.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
holty2503
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
EpikTurtle
Replies
Views