what type of betta Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by broncosno1, Mar 19, 2010.

1. broncosno1New MemberMember

what type of betta is this? my guess is a veil. he is peach? maybe really light light orange with one dark spot on his dorsal fin. DAVIS

Attached Files:

2. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

I've never seen a spot like that on fins before...it worrys me but again Idk. As for species defiently veil. Coloring...peachy? MM would know lol.

3. Red1313

Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Sort of reminds of a dalmation betta... don't know much about them though.

4. OP
    OP
    b

broncosno1New MemberMember

the coloring in his dorsal fin is why i got him

i dont know much about genetics just what my eye tells me.....the dark spot is the only color on him other than the peach through out his body. can i build on his genes thru the course of a few generations?

5. Furallicah

Wow...never heard of that one lol.

6. Red1313

Here's a link about the dalmation pattern. I'm afraid that without any experiance with it this is the best I can do.

7. Furallicah

Wow...huh...I like that color layout on a betta..its cool.

8. OP
    OP
    b

it says a lot about oranges yellows and reds. this guy (Davis) is like a peach maybe flesh colored with one black spot. doesnt match what i have. i guess hes just another very unique rescue from walmart or petsmart

9. Red1313

I'm pretty sure that you're peach boy is actually an orange. His coloring seems very similar to the photo in the article. As the dalmatian line was originally developed in VT's that would be what I suspect he is. However it could be a tricky line to develop.

10. OP
    OP
    b

well

tricky means complicated as betta breeding is. sounds fun recomedations? also since reading this article. i noticed that one of my other males definately shows the dalmation trait. ill post a pic of him later im at work now. thanks for info very helpful and eye opening. im loving this database of information with you guys....freaking awsome

11. Martinismommy

MartinismommyFishlore VIPMember

He is an orange...Yellows and orange Bettas something get this black spotting....He is a pretty veil.......

12. OP
    OP
    b

any recomendations?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice