What Type Of Betta Is She?

Happy Mama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
035AB9F1-37BD-4DB4-A9F5-F17779E25C11.jpeg
I was thinking she’s a crown tail, but I’ve never seen one like her. I can’t imagine what her brothers look like. Anyone know?

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
Never seen one with a tail like that before! That’s interesting! Can’t wait until someone who knows what she is chimes in! Good job grabbing her before someone else did!

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not a CT, more likely to be a VT or HM but I can't see how many times the tail rays split. Looks to me she had a little damage to her tail and it healed back a little funky.

OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I seriously thought she was sick or something, that’s why I took her home.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Happy Mama said:
I seriously thought she was sick or something, that’s why I took her home.
Oh lol, well unless she has something internal she is thankfully healthy

OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Demeter said:
Not a CT, more likely to be a VT or HM but I can't see how many times the tail rays split. Looks to me she had a little damage to her tail and it healed back a little funky.
She has spikes. Her tail is fine with (2) spikes, but her analfin does have a bite with (4) spikes.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Still not CT, I'd lean towards VT because they very rarely have smooth edges. If you follow one ray in her tail, how many times does it branch? Just once means VT or sometimes a non-HM plakat but her analfin looks too long for the average plakat female.

The uneven spikes are most often seen when there was a nip or tear in that area. I haven't had bettas have that much variation in the length of the rays but there were a few that got nipped by a siblings and as it healed that area grew longer than the others. Eventually the length evened out as the rest of the fin grew.

Overall she doesn't look to bad, just needs some TLC and I be her colors will come out more.

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
She looks good!! Good job snatching her up, before someone else could!! I agree with Demeter, she looks like a Veil Tale.

OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Demeter said:
Still not CT, I'd lean towards VT because they very rarely have smooth edges. If you follow one ray in her tail, how many times does it branch? Just once means VT or sometimes a non-HM plakat but her analfin looks too long for the average plakat female.

The uneven spikes are most often seen when there was a nip or tear in that area. I haven't had bettas have that much variation in the length of the rays but there were a few that got nipped by a siblings and as it healed that area grew longer than the others. Eventually the length evened out as the rest of the fin grew.

Overall she doesn't look to bad, just needs some TLC and I be her colors will come out more.
(Sorry, I’ve never counted rays before.) 1...2...? But not more. You’re right!

OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ll try to post an update if there’s changes. She is so “pale” right now. If she’s happy with us, about how long until I see results?

Makuarium

Reaction score
Happy Mama said:
I’ll try to post an update if there’s changes. She is so “pale” right now. If she’s happy with us, about how long until I see results?
A few days even

OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Addie42 said:
I hope you name her fork or something lol

following for updates
...or Spork?

I’m going to wait a bit to name her though. I want to see if she changes. My other girls are Lola, Minty, Skylie, Elle and Bliss. I was thinking Betty (as in Ugly Betty). Who knows?

OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
A835184F-6F55-4107-BF9A-AFF4A9682C1A.jpeg
2E6DCC7D-F899-46BB-9869-1DCD86306D03.jpeg
E50A07D7-9916-40C0-8862-CD229082775C.jpeg
A57A8C8F-7BAF-4479-89B5-6043D3F48BAB.jpeg
I knew she looked sick. She was just overly happy in that first picture of her. I checked on her this morning and she seemed listless with clamped fins. There’s white growth on her. I started her erythromycin (I know, big guns) and a little IAL spa time.

Addie42

Well Known
Reaction score
Happy Mama said:
I knew she looked sick. She was just overly happy in that first picture of her. I checked on her this morning and she seemed listless with clamped fins. There’s white growth on her. I started her erythromycin (I know, big guns) and a little IAL spa time.
Yikes! You think it’s columnaris?

OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Addie42 said:
Yikes! You think it’s columnaris?
I’m not certain, but if so, the erythromycin should help.

New Threads