What Type Of Betta Is She?

Happy Mama

Active Member
Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Experience
1 year
035AB9F1-37BD-4DB4-A9F5-F17779E25C11.jpeg
I was thinking she’s a crown tail, but I’ve never seen one like her. I can’t imagine what her brothers look like. Anyone know?
 

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Member
Messages
862
Reaction score
1,180
Location
VA
Never seen one with a tail like that before! That’s interesting! Can’t wait until someone who knows what she is chimes in! Good job grabbing her before someone else did!
 

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,843
Reaction score
4,798
Experience
5 to 10 years
Not a CT, more likely to be a VT or HM but I can't see how many times the tail rays split. Looks to me she had a little damage to her tail and it healed back a little funky.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Active Member
Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Experience
1 year
I seriously thought she was sick or something, that’s why I took her home.
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,571
Reaction score
5,062
Location
Fishlore
Experience
More than 10 years
Happy Mama said:
I seriously thought she was sick or something, that’s why I took her home.
Oh lol, well unless she has something internal she is thankfully healthy
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Active Member
Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Experience
1 year
Demeter said:
Not a CT, more likely to be a VT or HM but I can't see how many times the tail rays split. Looks to me she had a little damage to her tail and it healed back a little funky.
She has spikes. Her tail is fine with (2) spikes, but her analfin does have a bite with (4) spikes.
 

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,843
Reaction score
4,798
Experience
5 to 10 years
Still not CT, I'd lean towards VT because they very rarely have smooth edges. If you follow one ray in her tail, how many times does it branch? Just once means VT or sometimes a non-HM plakat but her analfin looks too long for the average plakat female.

The uneven spikes are most often seen when there was a nip or tear in that area. I haven't had bettas have that much variation in the length of the rays but there were a few that got nipped by a siblings and as it healed that area grew longer than the others. Eventually the length evened out as the rest of the fin grew.

Overall she doesn't look to bad, just needs some TLC and I be her colors will come out more.
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
571
Location
Lexington K.Y.
Experience
4 years
She looks good!! Good job snatching her up, before someone else could!! I agree with Demeter, she looks like a Veil Tale.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11
OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Active Member
Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Experience
1 year
Demeter said:
Still not CT, I'd lean towards VT because they very rarely have smooth edges. If you follow one ray in her tail, how many times does it branch? Just once means VT or sometimes a non-HM plakat but her analfin looks too long for the average plakat female.

The uneven spikes are most often seen when there was a nip or tear in that area. I haven't had bettas have that much variation in the length of the rays but there were a few that got nipped by a siblings and as it healed that area grew longer than the others. Eventually the length evened out as the rest of the fin grew.

Overall she doesn't look to bad, just needs some TLC and I be her colors will come out more.
(Sorry, I’ve never counted rays before.) 1...2...? But not more. You’re right!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #12
OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Active Member
Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Experience
1 year
I’ll try to post an update if there’s changes. She is so “pale” right now. If she’s happy with us, about how long until I see results?
 

Makuarium

Active Member
Member
Messages
239
Reaction score
100
Happy Mama said:
I’ll try to post an update if there’s changes. She is so “pale” right now. If she’s happy with us, about how long until I see results?
A few days even
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #16
OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Active Member
Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Experience
1 year
Addie42 said:
I hope you name her fork or something lol

following for updates
...or Spork?

I’m going to wait a bit to name her though. I want to see if she changes. My other girls are Lola, Minty, Skylie, Elle and Bliss. I was thinking Betty (as in Ugly Betty). Who knows?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #17
OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Active Member
Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Experience
1 year
A835184F-6F55-4107-BF9A-AFF4A9682C1A.jpeg
2E6DCC7D-F899-46BB-9869-1DCD86306D03.jpeg
E50A07D7-9916-40C0-8862-CD229082775C.jpeg
A57A8C8F-7BAF-4479-89B5-6043D3F48BAB.jpeg
I knew she looked sick. She was just overly happy in that first picture of her. I checked on her this morning and she seemed listless with clamped fins. There’s white growth on her. I started her erythromycin (I know, big guns) and a little IAL spa time.
 

Addie42

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,841
Reaction score
1,370
Location
Ottawa
Happy Mama said:
I knew she looked sick. She was just overly happy in that first picture of her. I checked on her this morning and she seemed listless with clamped fins. There’s white growth on her. I started her erythromycin (I know, big guns) and a little IAL spa time.
Yikes! You think it’s columnaris?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #19
OP
Happy Mama

Happy Mama

Active Member
Member
Messages
118
Reaction score
36
Location
USA
Experience
1 year
Addie42 said:
Yikes! You think it’s columnaris?
I’m not certain, but if so, the erythromycin should help.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
90
Guests online
2,249
Total visitors
2,339

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom